Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-20-2019, 10:21 PM   #81
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Great movie. Good fun. Mysterio has always been one of my favs.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #82
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Now that I’ve seen it I’m allowing spoilers. 7/10

I’m a little disappointed they offed Mysterious. Limits the possibility of sinister 6.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:26 PM   #83
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Spoilers allowed! Yes!!!

Loved the movie! I agree with Mysterious gone it limits the sinister six. Potential he’s in a comma? Dunno. However, the tech is alive. The team That was behind mysterio are alive. I see him possibly returning.

Sinister six will be inevitable! We have Chameleon, Vulture, Scorpion, Shocker, Mysterio (sorta) and, who knows...if the merger will integrate him into the MCU mix, Venom. I think it just takes one movie to tie things together.

MJ was great. Real good chemistry there and I thought her character and acting were spot on. I was into their little romance.

Super cool seeing superheroes outside of the USA. Glad marvel recognizes there’s more places to go than NYC.

The comedy was just great. Good writing and just the right amount. Nothing cringe worthy or too obvious.

Is it me or is marrissa tomei getting hotter? Man, she’s beautiful.

The legacy thing from stark to peter was dynamite. I love Happys talk about how tony was flawed but believed in Peter. So great.

The way they handled the blip was so great. I’m happy they show it as a positive event. That footage from in the school was really heavy. Wouldn’t want to have been in a plane when I blipped out and reappear falling to my death five years later. Kinda messed up.

The suits...oh man! So good seeing such a variety!

Special effects were top notch. By far my favourite scene was when spider was trapped in the illusion at the abandoned building. Just an outstanding scene.

And finally, that post credit scene of JJJ...just amazing. So glad he’s back. He was perfect in the Raimi films.

My not so happy criticisms:
- sometimes the audio didn’t match the acting. You could tell there were voice overs post production. It was distracting.

- mysterios death by ricochet was weak. I loved the set up. I love that Peter grabbed the gun. Just would have liked to see Beck go to prison with another post credit scene of him meeting the gang.

- when Peter was using the stark tech in the jet to design his suit, he was flipping around holograms and it just looked a little silly.

- the costume for Mysterio was perfect. I didn’t care much for the wardrobe lady getting it ready thing. I did like some of the flashbacks to others who were helping him but for some reason that wardrobe part seemed silly.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #84
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

This movie's now hit the $1B dollar mark, first Spider-Man movie to do this!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:25 PM   #85
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
This movie's now hit the $1B dollar mark, first Spider-Man movie to do this!
Really?? I could have sworn there were multiple Spidey films that hit 1 billion. Eh, that's good. I can't wait for the blu ray.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:02 AM   #86
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Really?? I could have sworn there were multiple Spidey films that hit 1 billion. Eh, that's good. I can't wait for the blu ray.
Apparently:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-first-1226598
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:42 AM   #87
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
What's a little insane is the reporting that came out this month about the contract that Sony has that let's the MCU use Spider-man.

Evidently in order for the MCU to get a second Spider-man Homecoming need to gross 750mil, which if of course did by about 100mil.

Now in order for the MCU to get a third Spider-man Far From Home needed to gross 1bil. Kind of a crazy marker for Sony to stipulate seeing as they could never do it, but I guess that might be why they did it.

Now that Far From Home is going to cross that barrier we get one more Spider-man film in the MCU under the current contract, after that it'll need to be renewed.

I think Sony will renew the contract though seeing as taking Spider-man from the MCU now would probably be considered Media suicide. The backlash would be intense to say the least.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #88
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I have to say...I enjoyed the movie, but this is the first comic movie I've seen lately that I was a little bored during (I think Captain Marvel was the other one).

I guess I'm just not the biggest Spidey fan. He's a great character, and his powers are well-represented, but he lacks the emotional conflicts that a Batman/Hulk/Iron Man/Wolverine have for me.

Oh yeah, this Spidey and Mary Jane have ZERO chemistry. That kiss at the end was actually hard to watch.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #89
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I have to say...I enjoyed the movie, but this is the first comic movie I've seen lately that I was a little bored during (I think Captain Marvel was the other one).

I guess I'm just not the biggest Spidey fan. He's a great character, and his powers are well-represented, but he lacks the emotional conflicts that a Batman/Hulk/Iron Man/Wolverine have for me.

Oh yeah, this Spidey and Mary Jane have ZERO chemistry. That kiss at the end was actually hard to watch.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:32 PM   #90
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Batman - insanity
Hulk - schizophrenia
Wolverine - dementia
Iron Man - addiction

Spider-Man - puberty
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote