Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Plastic Man
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Your advice on renting PODS or self storage units

I am interested in hearing any good or bad experiences you have had with these services. Would you recommend using them?
Plastic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Never used PODS, but I've had storage units for more than 10 years. never had a problem with 'em.

I would just use your own lock. Some places try to make you use their locks (incase you lose the key and they can cut it off). But F that. I have a big giant ass masterlock on my stuff, to hell with their little ass locks
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Citizen Alpha
Doh!

Love PODs. Hard to beat being able to get it all packed up right in your driveway and then having it delivered whenever/wherever you need it. If just need extra storage I would go with a traditional storage unit, but if it's for a move PODs is a life-saver.
Citizen Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I used PODs to move from Oregon to California, recently. They were a good choice, though expect to have friends/family help you load/unload larger items, as that service isn't provided by them.

They do provide a couple of numbers for movers that work for them on their "off hours", though. They offer storage for their containers at or near the destination, but I just had them deliver it right to a storage unit down here.

As far as storage units... I use a local one that offers deals on their various-sized units, such as pay for 3 months and get the fourth month free, etc. etc. I wish they didn't close the gates to the facility at 7 pm though; that's bullsh!t.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote