Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-23-2022, 09:04 PM   #141
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I know next to nothing about Photoshop, but I tried playing around to change her makeup to see if that helps the portrait.

What does everyone think?

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:10 PM   #142
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

That's a bit better. I was working on this take earlier, just finished it now. I usually find not having the black on the foreheads of brighter cowl coloured characters odd to me, because they're so prominent in comics. I don't think they should cross-hatch shade it, but take a note from BTAS Catwoman that made the black area part of the mask rather than a shadow.

Lips I changed to be the same colour as the costume, a la Balent. Added a bit of dark blue eyeshadow, and some shadows in the ears as well.

Otherwise, no changes to the portrait, just paint:

gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:22 PM   #143
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I tried to make the lips purple too, but whatever I did looked weird LOL. So, instead I just darkened the red, added more eyeshadow and darkened the brows.

Your lips look great though.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:29 PM   #144
SDguy

I little more eyeshadow and a bit darker lip looks good. With Mark Brooks posting on FB that this is his design, I'm guessing he's trying to NOT look like Balent, maybe, with the makeup. Who knows.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:36 PM   #145
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
That's a bit better. I was working on this take earlier, just finished it now. I usually find not having the black on the foreheads of brighter cowl coloured characters odd to me, because they're so prominent in comics. I don't think they should cross-hatch shade it, but take a note from BTAS Catwoman that made the black area part of the mask rather than a shadow.

Lips I changed to be the same colour as the costume, a la Balent. Added a bit of dark blue eyeshadow, and some shadows in the ears as well.

Otherwise, no changes to the portrait, just paint:

Do you have a version where the cowl is unaltered? As in with your makeup alterations, but with the original mask? I'm personally not into the black part on the cowl.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:44 PM   #146
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Do you have a version where the cowl is unaltered? As in with your makeup alterations, but with the original mask? I'm personally not into the black part on the cowl.
I do! I waffled back and forth, but kept it in. She doesn't look bad without it though. This still has the ear shadow, but it's not solid black.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:49 PM   #147
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yeah that looks great. I like both my alteration and yours. I'll most likely get her portrait touched up if I end up buying her.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:05 PM   #148
gra007

I like the darker red on yours. I might give it a dark wash when I get mine. I think the red they chose is a bit too bright.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:13 PM   #149
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
I like the darker red on yours. I might give it a dark wash when I get mine. I think the red they chose is a bit too bright.
Maybe the best look would be my lips and your eyeshadow
Old 02-24-2022, 07:49 AM   #150
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
People on FB are absolutely trashing the unmasked portrait. Of course this is not the first time this has happened. All I can think is what do your girlfriends look like? Would a woman in real life who looks like that not be pretty? Unfortunately, there aren't too many people running around with jet black hair and green eyeballs.
I'm not comparing a statue to a real woman. I pay money for statues, not real women.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote