Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-07-2022, 01:56 AM   #31
Danii99
Birdman

Not feeling the concept, but bring on Beastman!!
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:59 AM   #32
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Also, she has a ton of realistic detail that move her to the legends line. Her ?helmet? has more detail than her classic look. As does her suit in general. I don?t want her looking mechanical. This look reminds me a lot of the MOTU coming that Pop Mhan drew - and I am here for it.
I don't see details, only casual shading from that drawing!

Again, she looks very standard to me here, nothing screams Legends!
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:22 AM   #33
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Woot, woot!!! Sooo happy it's Legends. Not sure why people are surprised or disappointed. People have been asking for her in the line for years.
I love and wanted the Sorceress as well... just a newer and realistic interpretation like the rest of the 1/5 Legends line. If this was the 1/6 Classics, it would make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I don't get the complaints. Are people upset she's not modernized enough? Did people want the Egyptian looking, separate wings 200X version or something?
Yes! Any combination of these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
To each his own of course, but I always thought the original look of the Sorceress was a little lame, but fitting for what it was intended for since the original feel of MOTU via the early mini comics was based on Frazetta's barbaric art style mixed with some influences from Battle of the Planets and such.

IMHO the 200X Sorceress was a better revision of her old design, and TH could've grabbed from both of those iterations into their own fantasy-esque style...

Anyhow, it's way too early for us to fuss about her, but it's good to know that she's already in TH's plans.
Although I didn't find the original design lame, I just wanted it pushed a bit more to something more real-world and functional. Like mentioned before, what live action movie designs would have done... just like all of the previous characters in the line (besides Teela). This is far too classic and "safe" for my tastes. But it seems like a lot of people are digging that, so I'm just going to have to accept the new direction and bow out accordingly.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 03:57 AM   #34
Acolyte
Birdman

Such a cool concept. I really love her pose and the integration of the Spirit of Castle Grayskull. A very nice touch. Unfortunately she does not seem to fit in with all the others ... speaking of not fitting in my cabinets, that is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	293499468_450929956584792_1538829808649771487_n.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	152638  
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:17 AM   #35
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Hopefully Igo will post the full power-con panel vid to YT soon.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:26 AM   #36
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Also, she has a ton of realistic detail that move her to the legends line. Her ?helmet? has more detail than her classic look. As does her suit in general. I don?t want her looking mechanical. This look reminds me a lot of the MOTU coming that Pop Mhan drew - and I am here for it.
Agreed, this concept art shown here looks just as detailed as Teela and will be even more so once they sculpt it.

However, I disagree with you on the skull. I like it and would prefer them to leave it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #37
MPCanes
The X-Men

Looks like another home run in the making.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:24 AM   #38
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I think she looks great and the skull adds a nice touch.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:34 AM   #39
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Guess I’m in the minority about the skull. As it stands now I hate it. Maybe after sculpt it will change my mind. I’m going to be pretty sad to not have a Sorceress because I have wanted one for a long time and this base is killing me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:40 AM   #40
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Such a cool concept. I really love her pose and the integration of the Spirit of Castle Grayskull. A very nice touch. Unfortunately she does not seem to fit in with all the others ... speaking of not fitting in my cabinets, that is.
I was so caught up in the design, that I couldn't get into my thoughts on the pose and the super tall base. I get the concept is for her to be placed in the rear of a display to rise above the others. But like you, most of us won't have a display like that and will have her placed in more restrictive spaces. Although I like the concepts, I'm not much of a fan of the pose (mostly the legs positioning) and the base... but in the greater scheme of things, those are the least of my concerns.

Quote:
I don?t want her looking mechanical.
Besides Trap Jaw and Hordak (which is a part of their characters and designs), which other characters in the line look mechanical? For the record, I wouldn't want a mechanical Sorceress either... I just wanted to know where this train of thought was coming from?

---

After a night's sleep, I'm of two minds of this. Part of me still wants to step aside and let those who like this basic design/direction have it. At the same time, my other side recognizes that this is an early sketch and there's a chance to really push this into something great. In that spirit, I will try to make some constructive suggestions and let the chips fall where they may.

Anyone play Horizon: Forbidden West? The character Dekka struck me as a great way to handle the Sorceress concept...

Lots of other places to pull inspiration from. This could be a cool springboard for the bird headdress along with some other markings and details (add a ton of feathers to the bird skull and of course, still using her traditional blue, white, and orange color palette)...

Or if not the bird skull direction, you can still use the taxidermy route, but adorn it more with beads, gems, and other feathers of a different bird to make it more cultural and visually interesting...

So yeah, it doesn't have to be 200X Egyptian... take the original design and push through a Native cultural lens to push it more into something more real world and strong. So many cool directions that this could go that can stay true to the classic design, but have her fit better in the Legends art direction (as shown well in Acolyte's wonderful display).

I really hope this helps show and explain where and why some of us were so disappointed, hurt, and saddened by this reveal while also showing a potential path to something better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 13-23-57 HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST All Cutscenes (Game Movie) PS5 4K 60FPS.png
Views:	177
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	152641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 13-22-57 HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST All Cutscenes (Game Movie) PS5 4K 60FPS.png
Views:	179
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	152642  
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote