Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #141
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
And Captain America, and Black Widow, and Phoenix, and Iron Man (new one released). I was surprised to hear Captain America and Black Widow was approaching $1500 on the aftermarket now.
I was referring to new releases. Older statues, if demand is there, will go up in price as they become more rare and less people sell them (Capt and BW have been out for a few years now). So it doesn't surprise me if Capt and BW are starting to go up in price. As for XM new stuff you can get it for retail or close to it. But right after Magneto shot up to $3000 all the 3rd party retailers got greedy and thought they could add $300-$400 to the retail price of all XM statues and get it, but in the end people were not going to pay that much for XM statues so prices have now dropped back to around retail.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #142
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
I was referring to new releases. Older statues, if demand is there, will go up in price as they become more rare and less people sell them (Capt and BW have been out for a few years now). So it doesn't surprise me if Capt and BW are starting to go up in price. As for XM new stuff you can get it for retail or close to it. But right after Magneto shot up to $3000 all the 3rd party retailers got greedy and thought they could add $300-$400 to the retail price of all XM statues and get it, but in the end people were not going to pay that much for XM statues so prices have now dropped back to around retail.
This is definitely a great thing IMO. Makes it a little more accessible (if that is the appropriate word) to acquire XM products on the aftermarket with not getting financially raped.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:56 AM   #143
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

https://scontent.ftxl1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...52&oe=582E01E1
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #144
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

"Some sneak on hulkbuster interior details...." XM Studios Facebook

Old 07-05-2016, 08:58 AM   #145
MuppetMad

Quote:
There's lots of solo Iron Man statues and lots of solo Hulkbusters BUT only one with both, makes it far more original and way cooler IMO.

As for sales I'm not sure, it's going to have a huge footprint and might scare off some collectors and then also the price. As for the flippers, the XM Hype bubble has pretty much popped, you can pretty much get any XM statue for close to retail now (with the exception of Magneto).
Lol. I do wonder how many people will actually display iron man coming out though tbh. Its like people who cry for alternate heads, but they never use anything other than the main mask anyway. Waste of company money.

Its definately an interesting time for sales with XM. However flilpping is still well and alive, its just that its not with every piece now. I said it would happen with Hulkbuster because its an exclusive you can't get through the normal means. It means the guys in singapore know there is no other way to get it except through shows. This is why I said it will be a flippers dream.

And XM flipping still happens on the wanted pieces. Batman sold out extremely fast and is fetching high prices already. when it comes out it will skyrocket. Venom is another example. I agree the 2nd tier characters and not so amazing designs aren't getting huge markups these days, but there are certain ones still pushing for it.

But tbh older pieces like Cap and Black Widow you can actually find for 1k (not 1500), if you go to the right groups. And I can definately find a Phoenix for max $1100 any day. She has not gone that high at all, but actually took a ridiculous dive from the $1700 po asking prices I remember guys were asking before release.

Its a great thing that companies like Prime 1, Imaginarium Art, etc are around now. Means it will keep xm on their toes and we get great choices. I do find it funny though that everyone is treating Prime 1 exactly like people were treating xm last year. Which is though they are the coming gods of the statue world lol. Need a lot more time to see if that is true.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #146
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
"Some sneak on hulkbuster interior details...." XM Studios Facebook

YES!!!!!
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #147
Towelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
Lol. I do wonder how many people will actually display iron man coming out though tbh. Its like people who cry for alternate heads, but they never use anything other than the main mask anyway. Waste of company money.

Its definately an interesting time for sales with XM. However flilpping is still well and alive, its just that its not with every piece now. I said it would happen with Hulkbuster because its an exclusive you can't get through the normal means. It means the guys in singapore know there is no other way to get it except through shows. This is why I said it will be a flippers dream.

And XM flipping still happens on the wanted pieces. Batman sold out extremely fast and is fetching high prices already. when it comes out it will skyrocket. Venom is another example. I agree the 2nd tier characters and not so amazing designs aren't getting huge markups these days, but there are certain ones still pushing for it.

But tbh older pieces like Cap and Black Widow you can actually find for 1k (not 1500), if you go to the right groups. And I can definately find a Phoenix for max $1100 any day. She has not gone that high at all, but actually took a ridiculous dive from the $1700 po asking prices I remember guys were asking before release.

Its a great thing that companies like Prime 1, Imaginarium Art, etc are around now. Means it will keep xm on their toes and we get great choices. I do find it funny though that everyone is treating Prime 1 exactly like people were treating xm last year. Which is though they are the coming gods of the statue world lol. Need a lot more time to see if that is true.
For me personally it's the only way I'll be displaying it with IM coming out of the big suit

The problem with Prime 1 is 1:3 scale is big and takes up a lot of room, I think people love to jump on the hype train but then reality kicks in when they find out they don't have a display case to showcase these big statues. I have the TMNT Movie versions from Prime 1 and they take up a lot room, more then I thought.

There will always be some flipping going on, people panic and will pay extremely high prices on pieces that sell out fast. If people waited flippers would panic and lower their prices but sometimes with tier 1 characters that's not going to happen as the demand is to high. That said if you can find a contact in Singapore you don't have to worry about flippers. I've only paid retail for all my XM statues plus $100 SGD for his time.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:05 AM   #148
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
For me personally it's the only way I'll be displaying it with IM coming out of the big suit

The problem with Prime 1 is 1:3 scale is big and takes up a lot of room, I think people love to jump on the hype train but then reality kicks in when they find out they don't have a display case to showcase these big statues. I have the TMNT Movie versions from Prime 1 and they take up a lot room, more then I thought.

There will always be some flipping going on, people panic and will pay extremely high prices on pieces that sell out fast. If people waited flippers would panic and lower their prices but sometimes with tier 1 characters that's not going to happen as the demand is to high. That said if you can find a contact in Singapore you don't have to worry about flippers. I've only paid retail for all my XM statues plus $100 SGD for his time.

Prime 1 does have a license for 1/4 DC and Marvel statues now. So, there is another option in the 1/4 game.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #149
Towelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Prime 1 does have a license for 1/4 DC and Marvel statues now. So, there is another option in the 1/4 game.
Very true, the more options the better. As much as I like XM, if I can find the same character from another company without having to pay $200+ shipping charges all the better
Old 07-21-2016, 05:53 AM   #150
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

"Some wips on Hulkbuster 1/4 scale....
We are still fine tuning him and battle damages detail later.... ironman extremis is on his way....
Get ready to PO Hulkbuster in STGCC ,10th and 11th of September."

XM Studios Facebook