Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #211
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Obviously the jacket is mixed media, were the shorts, shirt and accessories confirmed as mixed or sculpt?
I haven't seen anything confirmed but the jacket, shorts and stockings look like mixed media and the t-shirt looks sculpted.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #212
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks, because we were told this was "way more" involved than Z, so I'm trying to find that bridge.

And while I think its a great looking PF and like others, depending on the angle, there is and isn't a likeness. So, my question is, if you pay for likeness rights and don't nail it (which can be done) then call "likeness" something else, was it worth the cost?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #213
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Thanks, because we were told this was "way more" involved than Z, so I'm trying to find that bridge.

And while I think its a great looking PF and like others, depending on the angle, there is and isn't a likeness. So, my question is, if you pay for likeness rights and don't nail it (which can be done) then call "likeness" something else, was it worth the cost?
With the difference of only $30, I do not think a "Likeness" tax is applied here with the already cited higher production costs.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #214
jpuli28

No, but im trying to wrap my brain around every pf has an increase anymore. Z was already overpriced to begin with and was the latest increase over BC, also similar. Im not sold on its Chinas fault anymore.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #215
COI

I get that prices sucks, but all you can do is decide to buy or pass. All this talk about what things should or shouldn't be priced at is pure speculation, and even when attempts have been made from Igo, SSAlex or Harbottle to explain the pricing, people get snide about it.

If you don't like these prices, no explanation will change that, so I don't see the point in fixating.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #216
jpuli28

Duly noted, however, if understood, and I speak for those who wont as well, maybe it will; 1. Create a unity of speaking with our wallets or 2. make the purchase easier or justifiable to the buyer.

I'm Type-A, so to see this abuse of capitalism is confrontational to me and hard for me to take lying down. If no one said anything who knows how far it will go.

While I may be a narcissistic dream world, Ill know I tried to stand up to this before they strip me of my hobby.

There's right and there's wrong, my occupation for the last 30 years I stand up to wrong, so its hard to let go lol.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #217
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Duly noted, however, if understood, and I speak for those who wont as well, maybe it will; 1. Create a unity of speaking with our wallets or 2. make the purchase easier or justifiable to the buyer.

I'm Type-A, so to see this abuse of capitalism is confrontational to me and hard for me to take lying down. If no one said anything who knows how far it will go.

While I may be a narcissistic dream world, Ill know I tried to stand up to this before they strip me of my hobby.

There's right and there's wrong, my occupation for the last 30 years I stand up to wrong, so its hard to let go lol.
Sounds good but unity would be lost the moment the next big statue harbottle wonder woman/catwoman or whoever was revealed. I think CBG's approach is most effective if unity/change is what your after, he peppers his ideas here and there and through osmosis you began to see people expressing his sentiment as their own.

Doesnt have to be just a dream.

Simply put, if you want change become the Comicbookman.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #218
Y3E
Gen 13

We're just 3%ers so we won't change anything
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #219
COI

Quote:

I'm not sure what constitutes an 'abuse of capitalism' in the context of a hobby like this. Even if I understood that viewpoint, it seems like you've already concluded 'abuse' and are looking for evidence to fit that claim, as opposed to first figuring out if any abuse is taking place. You'd need a full fact set on how these things are priced to even begin making an argument that there's some kind of excessive price gouging going on.

And again, I have a hard time with that concept. This is a hobby and a luxury, not baby formula or grain. How can you be abused or exploited out of or into a hobby like this? I can't wrap my head around that.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #220
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Sounds good but unity would be lost the moment the next big statue harbottle wonder woman/catwoman or whoever was revealed. I think CBG's approach is most effective if unity/change is what your after, he peppers his ideas here and there and through osmosis you began to see people expressing his sentiment as their own.

Doesnt have to be just a dream.

Simply put, if you want change become the Comicbookman.
Sadly youre prob right, and um I dislike that guy, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
We're just 3%ers so we won't change anything
Everyone keeps saying that but Im stubborn and cant believe this. Btwn forums (not just THIS one) FB, Instagram etc, Im sure the memberships overlap. So those who say there are others out there, UNinvolved as we, who are dropping this amount of coin and have no interest in social media I cant accept, 97% of collectors don't use social media for their collecting info... no way. 97% of people just stroll in off the street into a LCS and buy a 500-1K$ statue and don't get involved? Maybe the one and dones but they cant contribute to consistent but revolving 97%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm not sure what constitutes an 'abuse of capitalism' in the context of a hobby like this. Even if I understood that viewpoint, it seems like you've already concluded 'abuse' and are looking for evidence to fit that claim, as opposed to first figuring out if any abuse is taking place. You'd need a full fact set on how these things are priced to even begin making an argument that there's some kind of excessive price gouging going on.

And again, I have a hard time with that concept. This is a hobby and a luxury, not baby formula or grain. How can you be abused or exploited out of or into a hobby like this? I can't wrap my head around that.
Well just reflecting on the trend and with no other explanation other than its on China, you're left to draw conclusions and piece together what you can as Im doing here for example. Because I find it also hard to believe that with every new PF, China says we need more money.

So going with that then you would have to say capitalism is at play. And yes it isn't a necessity and we have a choice but does that make the gouging fair or acceptable? We are all entitled to the pursuit of happiness through one route or another regardless of hobby and we shouldn't have to pay anything more than whats fair for our pursuits. I don't want to be priced out because someone took advantage and got greedy. Sideshow supposedly SHARES our passion, well, share our pain too then and nix the ridiculous increases because your playing a game.

Oh, and don't take abuse literally in the same context, advantage was probably more applicable.

Sorry to derail, point made I hope and thread back on track. Thanks.