Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #681
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
We'll resolve that problem on our rafting trip this summer.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #682
Jase
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Don't project your issues on me today, just because you couldn't pay to get some of that.

I wasn't even talking to you Mr. Grumpy Pants
Old 02-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #683
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
It's not proper BBQ if it doesn't come with bread, pickles, and cherry peppers! Then you're just eating some sort of Yankee version, and that's just not right.

Hey, Teague! I coined that term just for you, my friend! If and when you ever decide to come to a Wizard World Texas, Mike and I'll take you out for some proper BBQ.
Hey, cool. I'll try and do that. Sounds like fun.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #684
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Sorry. Bad grammar gets to me, and when it's something as easily bastardized as Japanese or Spanish, I feel the need to point out the error, as bastardizing foreign languages just makes Americans look boorish and xenophobic.
Oh get over it Mary. The Japanese love to bastardize English and its not boorish or xenophobic.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #685
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Oh get over it Mary. The Japanese love to bastardize English and its not boorish or xenophobic.
I think we should change the subtitle of this thread from "Now with 50% less drama" to "Oh, get over it Mary."
Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #686
superdoug
Minister of ROT

The Japanese don't bastardize English. That's an American myth perpetuated by racist movie and TV writers. In fact, I would hazard that most Japanese students speak better English than all of the American ones.

And, having lived in Japan for seven years, I sort of feel qualified to speak on the subject.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #687
Merlose

Quote:
The Japanese don't bastardize English. That's an American myth perpetuated by racist movie and TV writers. In fact, I would hazard that most Japanese students speak better English than all of the American ones.

And, having lived in Japan for seven years, I sort of feel qualified to speak on the subject.

Well I feel qualified to speak about the subject as well since I've studied with Japanese students for many years; and I can tell you right now that many Japanese students I know love to use English words as slang, and they seem to get a kick out of using Japanese words in our slang. Its not bastardizing or perpetuating myths.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #688
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:

Well I feel qualified to speak about the subject as well since I've studied with Japanese students for many years; and I can tell you right now that many Japanese students I know love to use English words as slang, and they seem to get a kick out of using Japanese words in our slang. Its not bastardizing or perpetuating myths.
That...makes me sad. It just means that American ignorance is contagious, and we're shuffling more and more towards the world Mike Judge postulated in Idiocracy.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #689
Merlose

Quote:
That...makes me sad. It just means that American ignorance is contagious, and we're shuffling more and more towards the world Mike Judge postulated in Idiocracy.
Yes Doug, Slang is the beginning of the demise of modern civilization as we know it.

There is a time and a place for it and there is a time to be proper. Usually when you're around your friends its perfectly safe to use slang. I wasn't aware that Statueforum was the place for all of us to be proper considering the level of playful banter that goes on in here.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #690
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Good job Doug, you got Merloosy's panties in a twist....
Closed Thread