Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-19-2020, 12:51 AM   #181
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Chronicle is pissed at Iron Studios for how bad their stuff is when it gets to the customer, they are probably going to sever ties.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:58 PM   #182
SenSx
Doh!

Here we go !

First of all my raptors have those king of paint rub a bit evertywhere on the body and the claws, but more on the heads and around the eyes

Not such a big deal since I can repaint those easily, but still, I almost never have those issues on much less expansive products from other companies.

But more annoying, the tongue of the figure of course have the same problem, which I will probably kinda fix, but it won't be perfect.
It's not very visible on the picture though, sorry I'm bad at it.

The attack velociraptors has pink mouth color on the skin, like a sloppy paint job.

And now there is my clever girl, I would like to know if the nostrils are supposed to be that clear, what is your opinion ?

Those figures on these videos seem to have the same nostrils, so that might be alwight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub5xqbdmRgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJu_sOWqta0

And finally the paint rub on the lower jaw of my clever game, I'll try to fix it with some slight brush painting, but I really don't know if that'll do it:

But honestly I might be able to consider myself lucky.
If you watch again that video, you'll see the clever girl velociraptor bearly has the line on the closed mouth (between the two jaws) on its right side painted, like they forgot to.
Which is even worst than my problems (although it does not seem to bother the guy...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub5xqbdmRgY

And here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXtKZvmbv3A

Big paint rub on the lower jaw and the neck.

All in all, the paint job seems to be very random.
That is why I won't even consider getting a new one, that could be even worse.

I know you probably think I'm being way too fussy.
But I allowed myself to buy top quality figures for the first time, and what a disappointment in terms of quality control to see that.
Given the price of these figures I should not have to be working on them now in order to fix them.
On the other hand I don't think those issues are that bad to justify a refund.
I usually buy figures, but this is the first time I see so many flaws, especially from a manifacturer with such a renown.
SenSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:06 PM   #183
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm glad for the photos SenSx, stinks about the paint rubbing. Would IS replace?
Even with the paint rubbing, I think the sculpt with pose is somewhere around the best available, though I dont have these in hand yet. (CC still hasn't recieved their shipment).
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #184
SenSx
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
I'm glad for the photos SenSx, stinks about the paint rubbing. Would IS replace?
Even with the paint rubbing, I think the sculpt with pose is somewhere around the best available, though I dont have these in hand yet. (CC still hasn't recieved their shipment).

Yea, sorry for the bad pictures, the tongue really have 2 visible paint rubs.
And the one on the clever girl is also quite noticeable.
But hopefully, I'll be able to fix everything.
Having to paint tabletop wargames figures gave me some experience in that domain.

I'm not going to ask for a replacement, since I might be able to fix these, and as I showed on the videos I linked, it could be even worse.
I don't even know if they'd accept a replacement given the price, and because those are not huge flaws like broken figure...

Of course I was only complaining about the quality control.
I don't understand how it can be that damaged in such a good packaging box, so there must be something wrong with the quality of the product.
The sculpts and the paint job are amazing, they're still going to be among the most beautiful pieces in my collection.

I of course hope you won't have issues with yours Verdun, and I'm very curious about your feedbacks onces you get them.
SenSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:31 AM   #185
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

I ordered my set from IS with a discount coupon months back. I really love these dioramas. I didnt see any paint rubs on mine.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #186
Manu81
The Spirit

Neither mine. Absolutely perfect! Hope you will get a replace bcs is a very nice diorama
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #187
Verdun

For those that got the kitchen scene, does it also come with the stand alone bases? Thanks
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #188
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
For those that got the kitchen scene, does it also come with the stand alone bases? Thanks
No, mine didn't.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:22 AM   #189
T-Rex

Hi! I bought the three raptors alone (without the kitchen diorama) as colleagues for the IS 1/10 rex.

I had no issues with the standing and crouching ones, but with the attacking raptor I found clear rubbings on the nose (first thing to see when looking at the figure) and very bad painting on the gut/loin. I asked for a replacement and still waiting for it.

Also ask IS the best way to repaint it for fixing it an never got a solution.

It seems some of us were not lucky enough. For example the very end of the tail of my rex is not pain it. Any suggestions how can I fix it?
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #190
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

Hey guys, I wasn't crazy about the paint job on the hair and skin , so I made some refinements and thought I would share some before and after pics ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C6392D7E-7B4D-44BC-9E58-7C7EB13C0FD8.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	132769   Click image for larger version

Name:	A7BD32CC-C050-4C39-AEFD-1D9CB23DE581.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	132770   Click image for larger version

Name:	2F751ADE-48F4-46FF-AABF-D5939419788E.jpg
Views:	37