Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Finally got the dreaded delay email. Oct-Dec
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:03 PM   #193
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

it is rare that with the wide acclaim and an edition size of only 600 is not sold out yet, thoughts?
isaac_31f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:03 PM   #194
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac_31f View Post
it is rare that with the wide acclaim and an edition size of only 600 is not sold out yet, thoughts?
Not rare for an Iron Studios 1/4 statue. Most sell out soon after shipping but few sell out before.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #195
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Not rare for an Iron Studios 1/4 statue. Most sell out soon after shipping but few sell out before.
Yep, people waiting for in hand pics to make sure the factory didn't screw the pooch.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:10 PM   #196
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac_31f View Post
They choose their edition size based on how many orders they had in "x" amount of time. So IS´s statues rarely sell out before they start to ship.

Might also be a lot of people who praise the statue on social media but didn´t buy it. Maybe not a huge popular character? And SS released a PF not so long ago that was well received.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #197
Biggunz
Loki

Once a couple videos go up it will be gone.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:44 PM   #198
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
They choose their edition size based on how many orders they had in "x" amount of time. So IS´s statues rarely sell out before they start to ship.

Might also be a lot of people who praise the statue on social media but didn´t buy it. Maybe not a huge popular character? And SS released a PF not so long ago that was well received.
Well the Sideshow PF sales show this is a popular character as they sold out of Two PFs. The Comiquette in 1/5 scale was also widely popular.

I do think this being close to the PF perhaps many people got that and don't need two Daredevil's in their collection. However IS has had some issues with production, I'm sure this will sell once the first in hand pics show up and there aren't any fit or paint issues.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #199
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

I'm glad these aren't sold out yet, I need another week or so before I can get my pre-order in.

Surprisingly this is the first DD statue with stained glass and I think they absolutely knocked that part out of the park! The base all the way around is awesome with the cherub angels as well.

It would have been cool to have the stained glass be a light up feature, maybe I can run an LED behind it somehow and illuminate it myself. Would look super sick.

I wasn't even into DD before the Netflix series and fell in love with the DD & Kingpin characters. Such a great show, such great characters and such an amazing statues! I have Kingpin on it's way in a couple of weeks and can't wait to display this DD statue right next to it!
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #200
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
I'm glad these aren't sold out yet, I need another week or so before I can get my pre-order in.

Surprisingly this is the first DD statue with stained glass and I think they absolutely knocked that part out of the park! The base all the way around is awesome with the cherub angels as well.

It would have been cool to have the stained glass be a light up feature, maybe I can run an LED behind it somehow and illuminate it myself. Would look super sick.

I wasn't even into DD before the Netflix series and fell in love with the DD & Kingpin characters. Such a great show, such great characters and such an amazing statues! I have Kingpin on it's way in a couple of weeks and can't wait to display this DD statue right next to it!
XM Kingpin I presume?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote