Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-08-2020, 06:34 PM   #1411
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
It's not the size that bothered me with this piece, but it was the pose.

I don't even understand what Croc is doing with his right arm. It looks dislocated and hanging on at the shoulder ...like as if his right arm just went numb. I wasn't very keen on his mixed media pants either.
Agreed
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:39 AM   #1412
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Reviving something that has been on my mind for a long time.

I was finally able to find someone who would help with a head sculpt for Croc, that is looking to his left.

Thing is, the person's in Cranbrook, British Columbia, and doesn't have Croc. He is on Shiflett Brothers' Sculpting Forum on FB.

I don't know how to make this happen, as in, sending a PF to him so that he can create what he has to, properly. I live in Asia and it wouldn't make practical sense to send mine over to him. The to and fro s/h will cost more than the head sculpt am sure.

Any thoughts, guidance, or help on this would be greatly appreciated.
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:05 AM   #1413
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The scale thing drives me crazy. People think 1/4 scale means 20-24 inches, regardless of pose, the base, etc. So I guess that makes a Hot Toy 1/4 scale, as long as you put it on a 12 inch base. Talk about a massive indictment of the education system.

The other thing is, Croc wasn't that big originally. If you go back to the '80s comics, he was basically the size of a large man, which this PF captures perfectly. He became a giant mutant later, and I think the Arkham games cemented him in people's minds as a giant mutant, because we all know most collectors never actually read any comics.

This PF doesn't get the respect it deserves.
Ah, you know your stuff. I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago and love it. Good post. It really is a cool piece.
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote