Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #11
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

They have to make mutants a rarity again? Remember when people were scared of mutants, no one wanted their kid to be a mutant, go to school with a mutant, work with a mutant? They need to bring back that scumbag- human mentality as well.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
They have to make mutants a rarity again? Remember when people were scared of mutants, no one wanted their kid to be a mutant, go to school with a mutant, work with a mutant? They need to bring back that scumbag- human mentality as well.
Exactly. Another issue I have with xmen titles now is that they are too self contained. Beside wolverine none of the other members mingle with the other heroes of the marvel universe. Let them get into beefs with the avengers or FF again.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
Exactly. Another issue I have with xmen titles now is that they are too self contained. Beside wolverine none of the other members mingle with the other heroes of the marvel universe. Let them get into beefs with the avengers or FF again.
Agreed. They were mysterious, they were unknown, they were strange, they were uncanny. And they'd run into other teams and get into the mix all the time. This needs to be brought back as well.

Obviously, this all needs to be incredibly well written. But man, it'd be fun to be an X-fan again
Old 11-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #14
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Well if that picture indicates who will be in the team, their first mistake was adding that lame character Cable to the team. LOL.

Xmen has been broken for far to long. There's way too much damage done already to try to fix it. I always use to say they need to have Prof X wake up from a dream and have the team walk in and its what's wrong and show that the past 15 years of xmen was just a nightmare he was having.
I agree with this. I haven't read ANY X-Men since the Chris Claremont days! Too many useless mutants, comic titles and X-teens. Is Marvel trying to attract the "Twilight" crowd? Bring back the REAL X-Men (Cyclops, Beast, Phoenix, Angel, Ice Man, Colossus, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Storm, Havok) led by Prof.X battling against Magneto and the Brotherhood, Sentinels and Juggernaut!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #15
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I think the original team is done. I think they could take more risks with what the team looks like, and kill off a bunch more - like some real headliners to give the stories some serious weight.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

would love for the team that did ultimates to work on xmen. I loved the work they did on the first two ultimates series.

And I don't totally agree on the entire cyclops turning evil idea. Its a good one,but its something that would have needed to happen long ago. It has to be more of a shocking turn and now the stories are giving up way too much to force it.

I always thought cyclops should have been the one to join Mags as an acolyte instead of colossus.

Or in another scenerio, they could have been in a battle and prof was undermining scotts leadership. And since scott has always played the good soldier he would have gone into a fit of rage and optic blast profs head off.lol.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
risingstar
Jedi Order

My thinking is that the problem is both Marvel and fan wide. IMO, even if we scrap everything and started from scratch, we'd likely be in the same spot again within a few years. Not only that, every slight variation from the silver age lore would likely be met with intense scrutiny from the geriatric fanbase who still think it's 1964 in the Marvel Universe (me included).

How do you fix the X-Men? Easily. Stop trying to recreate an era which is long gone.
The Beach Boys broke up ages ago. Start writing stories which resonate more with the under 20s and less with the over 50s.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #18
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Well if that picture indicates who will be in the team, their first mistake was adding that lame character Cable to the team. LOL.
Pretty sure that's Magneto. SPOILER ALERT. Cable "died" at the conclusion of Second Coming
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #19
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Pretty sure that's Magneto. SPOILER ALERT. Cable "died" at the conclusion of Second Coming
... and he left Hope with one Hell of a keychain bauble.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #20
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

Cable died? Isn't that Marvel talk for a new series will be out in stores soon?

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote