Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #1501
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
^^^ Jerry Move to AZ..I'll work for free!
Thats even hotter than Nevada ! However, its not far and maybe you can come by and pick your statues up in person.

We are going to make a nice showroom. We may even open a collectibles/comic shop attached to the PCS studio.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #1502
SurlyJ
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I was mostly responding to the sentiment that a few have said they couldn't afford to collect if the value doesn't go up or hold. If you need something you buy for $500 to still be worth $500 a year down the line, you couldn't actually afford to spend the $500 in the first place.

Hey look, we all do it. Sell things at a profit to fund other purchases. Nothing wrong with it. Let's just not kid ourselves about it. You think Jack Black cares if his Red Hulk goes down in value? No, he bought it because he wanted it and the money isn't that important to him. Money and the spending of it is relative and our purchasing power influences our priorities.

Like I've said before, you don't expect to get your money back on everything you buy. Vacations, movies, video games, gifts for others. You buy them to enjoy them, they cost what they cost and the money is then gone. Exchanged for the enjoyment of something. It's awesome that collecting can transcend this but that doesn't cancel out its application for me.
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #1503
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Yeah I'm sure if you took a poll asking why someone buys a particular statue increase in value would be at the bottom. Most people buy a statue because they love the character or think it's cool looking. Increasing in value is pointless if you never plan to sell.
Exactly! I know its little different but when we purchased our house it was $150,000 and in less than two years its dropped almost $20,000 and we didnt mind for two reasons…. One our taxes were lower then they were and also because we never plan on selling our house…EVER!! We live in the country and love where we live and wouldnt trade that up for anything… Its very peaceful and tranquil in the country and even if our house would drop 50% in value we wouldnt care because were never selling.. Sure i would love for our home to raise in value and hit $250,000 but thats not why we purchased our house, we purchased it because we fell in love with the design, location and character the home has… Lots like things we look at when buying a statue.

I think of them very similar and don't mind if some of my collectibles would lower in value because i have no ambition on selling most of my collection! Increased value is cool and great to feel like some of your collectibles you bought at retail are 2-3 and sometimes almost 10 x what you paid for them originally but thats not why I'm in this hobby, that is just a small variable that adds to the enjoyment that is collecting

Sarah JOE
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #1504
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin3000 View Post
It's laughable the way you think you can come in and categorize people as majority... I never said I was a big shot but hey if you feel inferior to me then it's your issue.. When you say investment, most people think about properties, stocks, etc... Who would go: statues! Great investments lol.
Please you are not going to win this this time.
Theres nothing to win. I simply said you came across as a big shot with your properties chat. Unfortunately we cant all be investing in properties such as yourself.

Now off you pop your helicoper awaits
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #1505
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
I was mostly responding to the sentiment that a few have said they couldn't afford to collect if the value doesn't go up or hold. If you need something you buy for $500 to still be worth $500 a year down the line, you couldn't actually afford to spend the $500 in the first place.

Hey look, we all do it. Sell things at a profit to fund other purchases. Nothing wrong with it. Let's just not kid ourselves about it. You think Jack Black cares if his Red Hulk goes down in value? No, he bought it because he wanted it and the money isn't that important to him. Money and the spending of it is relative and our purchasing power influences our priorities.

Like I've said before, you don't expect to get your money back on everything you buy. Vacations, movies, video games, gifts for others. You buy them to enjoy them, they cost what they cost and the money is then gone. Exchanged for the enjoyment of something. It's awesome that collecting can transcend this but that doesn't cancel out its application for me.
Mmm sorta true

I remember when I bought my first Ferrari and my friends said if I couldnt pay cash (I couldnt) then I couldnt afford it.

I dont know that I subscribe to that theory.

Now, if you are sacrificing other important aspects of your life to buy a collectible (or a car) then yeah, you probably cant afford it.

However, its really no ones business but the purchasers.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #1506
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Thats even hotter than Nevada ! However, its not far and maybe you can come by and pick your statues up in person.

We are going to make a nice showroom. We may even open a collectibles/comic shop attached to the PCS studio.
It isn't far at all.....I would love to visit!
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #1507
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Mmm sorta true

I remember when I bought my first Ferrari and my friends said if I couldnt pay cash (I couldnt) then I couldnt afford it.

I dont know that I subscribe to that theory.

Now, if you are sacrificing other important aspects of your life to buy a collectible (or a car) then yeah, you probably cant afford it.

However, its really no ones business but the purchasers.
Exactly how I feel, I have just moved in to the jim lee art market and without payment instalments I couldn't pay all up front.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #1508
Vader
Ghost

they should make a total of 100 pieces (500 each edition).
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #1509
akumakiller
I am da law!

The screams on here could crack the clouds
akumakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #1510
Vader
Ghost

is the customer service contact up at PCS? i've was trying to contact a rep last week and haven't heard back.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote