Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #181
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Smart move, XM should listen to us as we know what we like and lots of people prefer the Stripped non puffy pants. This will make the piece way better if XM can reverse the course of the dreaded puffy pants and go back to the stripped one.

The only thing I forgot to mention are the amount of Katana's which are three. You really only need to have one but the issue with having just one is there is no blood or slices on the fat man laying on the ground. Man I would hope XM could push DC on this a little and implement some blood or a slash or some type of gore. It really don't make sense having him hold a Katana with a dead guy infront of him yet no blood or slash. I know they are going for a Japanese style but you can't just have the Joker holding a Katana without the effects of him using it.

I know I speak for many on here when we expect a more deranged type of Joker in our pieces, one that is off the wall insane and doing something or has done something that is absolutely CRAZY, it's THE JOKER and that is what we expect from him. Just my thoughts. I still love XM's body of work and think they do an excellent job, keep pushing the bar.

The above image is my lock screens wallpaper on my cell phone with his eye ball right in the middle of the time, that's how much I love the Joker.
Batman would not be who he is without the Price of Crime.
The SS Arkham Joker EX is the closest I've seen to a 1/4 scale deranged laughing joker. Love that piece!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #182
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post

If Hollywood has taught me anything...it's that mobsters don't do hammer pants.
LOL, my wife asked me why is Joker dressed up as a Genie....
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:54 PM   #183
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I can appreciate the artistry and sculpting but the concepts are completely lost on me. He's unrecognizable imo
People were saying the same thing about Batman Samurai....look how that turned out.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #184
COI

The Joker himself looks cool, but that base is too much. Sometimes less is more.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #185
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Since cards are all on the table...here is what I would like to see changed...although I really like it as is.

First, I would definitely like to see striped pants...but one thing it seems all have overlooked is...this is unpainted...and stripes can easily be painted once XM gets to it.

Second, if blood or some demarcation can't be shown on the guy on the ground, then take it out altogether. I agree with Killer Instinct on that point.

Third, three Katanas are a little overkill and aren't needed in the statue.

Fourth, if the fat guy is taken out, then I would like to see the head on Joker raised up, instead of him looking down. Otherwise, what the hell is he looking at on the ground if no guy is there?

But come on, as long as XM has been on the scene, how often do they not change anything? I can guarantee everyone it will go through yet some more changes...although not as drastic. Joker is great....keep him as is but raise the head up a bit.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #186
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

The only thing is once he is printed and painted changes are very unlikely. I agree that XM knows best when it comes to the design. But it doesn't seem to be only the matter of the stripes but the style of pants.

I mentioned to XM "The striped pants made him look distinctively like trademark Joker. I understand that perhaps to make the timeline match up the pants got changed, but Batman is in a high tech futuristic armored suit and Catwoman is on a high tech motorbike, I think Joker would work just as well with the striped pants." I hope they consider the suggestion.

Nearmint had a good suggestion with the body possibly having a Joker death mask.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #187
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Damn, I wish they stuck with the original design.

ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:38 AM   #188
davide87ita

From XM fb page

"Hi all we have make some changes to our Joker . Below is the WIP. Still working on the details ."

davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:46 AM   #189
ChaFoShizzle

Hmm very interesting. It is growing on me, I'll say that.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:54 AM   #190
davide87ita

I like this much more but instead of putting the armor like that I would prefer the joker in the middle and some piece of armor sliced around him or the armor cut in two
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote