Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-22-2016, 09:32 AM   #331
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
My point is that as the client who is splashing the cash a more apprpriate post in my eyes would be.

This one has to cost less than Kitana. Seems they are using the exact same pose so thats gotta save PCS some $$ on production costs. Probably 100 or 150 less.

It doesnt matter whether a single post will be taken into account or not its the principal of the thing. The goal is to drive the price of the product down as a customer not up!
I tend to agree with you on this very rare and unusual occasion.
Hevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:36 PM   #332
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Agree Jyster
At least buyer of the first Kitana can get the second one for nice discount price ...
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:01 PM   #333
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
This one has to cost less than Kitana. Seems they are using the exact same pose so thats gotta save PCS some $$ on production costs. Probably 100 or 150 less.
Serious question... why does it have to cost less simply because it's using the same pose?

Wouldn't you assume that same pose has been factored into the price of both statues together? Ergo, Kitana down in price and Mileena up in price to a happy medium?

They were after all developed together. It's not like Battle Ryu was cheaper than Regular Ryu (1:3).
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:08 PM   #334
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Serious question... why does it have to cost less simply because it's using the same pose?

Wouldn't you assume that same pose has been factored into the price of both statues together?
Oh hush with your well thought out logic

But yes, you are correct.

Otherwise theyd be $1000 a piece.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:13 PM   #335
Comicbookguy
Hercules

When is po day for both of these beauties again? Coming up Monday? Need to see my space, current po list, coming soon list, and money left to decide. Both are so well done. Still love the purple vampire fang face portraits! So cool and different looking.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #336
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

Wouldn't you assume that same pose has been factored into the price of both statues together? Ergo, Kitana down in price and Mileena up in price to a happy medium?

They were after all developed together. It's not like Battle Ryu was cheaper than Regular Ryu (1:3).
(Completely made up numbers)
100 of 1 mould @ lets say $140
300 of the same mould @ $100 a pop
600 of the same mould @ $60-70 a pop

But even if mould price doesnt change, the implication that "this is going to be more expensive" is bananas.
Its against all consumer logic to suggest a freekin higher price well aware that the producer lurks.

But yes, i think Jerry has already factored all that in to the price.
If Mileena is at $699, ill be taking her aswell as kitana with no hesitation.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #337
HeromanPunch
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy View Post
(Completely made up numbers)
100 of 1 mould @ lets say $140
300 of the same mould @ $100 a pop
600 of the same mould @ $60-70 a pop

But even if mould price doesnt change, the implication that "this is going to be more expensive" is bananas.
Its against all consumer logic to suggest a freekin higher price well aware that the producer lurks.
Ss sell u a 1/4 for the same price for a 1/3 jerry sells
HeromanPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #338
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy View Post
Its against all consumer logic to suggest a freekin higher price knowing the producer lurks.
Right this is where indeed we for once agree! Why even mention you expect Mileena to be more expensive for a, b, c reason it makes no sense from a consumer perspective.

Its like those who say I will pay $2000 for Goro thank you very much .... ummmm ok then???

$699 - 300 ES the same as Kitana makes perfect sense. Consistent and fair price the same as the 'sister piece'
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #339
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeromanPunch View Post
Ss sell u a 1/4 for the same price for a 1/3 jerry sells
Everyone is now using Deadpool as the benchmark which i think is wrong.
That statue is AMAZING!

Im not even a deadpool fan and i want it.
Sideshow are just smart on this one occasion making a bit more cash for themselves knowing its going to be sought after later.

But it is not accurate to use that as the new benchmark.

Plus you gotta factor in different licences amount to different size fan bases.
Marvel's fan base is worlds bigger than MK and SF's.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #340
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I honestly don't see how someone would base the pricing of their products based on a couple comments of random people in an internet forum who aren't even guaranteed to buy it. We here on this forum think too highly of ourselves when we are not even the ones who bring the most profit, since most of it comes from the casual buyer anyway. I like to think we provide some valuable information to companies, especially about character designs and some new ideas, but there is no way a serious company would take financial advice from people here. We can hear "I won't buy if the price is xxx" all day, but in the end it's the actual real sales numbers that arrive in Jerry's office at the end of the month that are important to them.

And what is a "fair" price? Almost nobody here knows how much these things really cost and how much trouble the company goes through to produce them, we are basing the pricepoint of what we consider "fair" in things released years ago in a market that was very different from now and with products that were just not as good as the current ones.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote