Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-12-2021, 01:31 PM   #1441
deadrodian
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
After two years finally got around building a case for this beast. Love this statue. It is the only one in my collection I have in the actual living area.
damn this looks ----ing insane

you helped yourself with some yt tutorials? you mind sending links if so??
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:04 PM   #1442
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
After two years finally got around building a case for this beast. Love this statue. It is the only one in my collection I have in the actual living area.
That looks incredible!

Are you using clear acrylic or glass? DIY or did you have someone else build it to your specs?

Very impressive job either way.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #1443
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Absolutely AMAZING newe82!

This is truly one of the best display I've seen for this statue . Congrats!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #1444
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
THAT…..IS…..A-M-A-Z-I-N!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:30 PM   #1445
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
That looks incredible!

Are you using clear acrylic or glass? DIY or did you have someone else build it to your specs?

Very impressive job either way.
I used clear acrylic sheets from Home Depot. The case is 48T X 36W X 24 inch deep. HD sells that at this size so the only one I had to cut was the top piece. I built it myself. It is made of 1x2's, 1/2 oak plywood for base, and some wainscoting and trim on the bottom. The lights are from Amazon. It was pretty fun to make and it actually turned out better than I thought it would, especially the lighting. The pictures don't do it justice when it is dark and the spotlights are on him.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #1446
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
I used clear acrylic sheets from Home Depot. The case is 48T X 36W X 24 inch deep. HD sells that at this size so the only one I had to cut was the top piece. I built it myself. It is made of 1x2's, 1/2 oak plywood for base, and some wainscoting and trim on the bottom. The lights are from Amazon. It was pretty fun to make and it actually turned out better than I thought it would, especially the lighting. The pictures don't do it justice when it is dark and the spotlights are on him.
Man, you did a fantastic job! How did you fasten the acrylic to the wood trim?
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:10 PM   #1447
pdenham
Teen Titans

Not sure if he did this, but if he's using 1" x 2"s for the case frame, he would have had room to cut a groove into two sides of each piece that the acrylic sheet could then slide into.

If I had access to a table saw, that's how I'd be building mine.

However you did it, you did a killer job, newe82. From the pics it looks completely pro-quality.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:50 AM   #1448
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Not sure if he did this, but if he's using 1" x 2"s for the case frame, he would have had room to cut a groove into two sides of each piece that the acrylic sheet could then slide into.

However you did it, you did a killer job, newe82. From the pics it looks completely pro-quality.
Thanks for the info, such a great job it makes me ambitious to do something similar at home too!

And to echo what pdenham said, just a killer job newe82. You could make those and sell them, it's so good lol
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 03:34 PM   #1449
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:

Thanks for all the kind comments everybody. Pdenham is correct. I initially planned to router out the two edges and silicone the sheets into the grove. I used Douglas fir wood which is a soft wood and as I was routering it kept splintering. I actually took the 1x2 boards and countersunk the holes and screwed them together. Once I had the “box frame” built I predrilled small holes into the acrylic sheets 6 inches apart and screwed them directly into the frame using #4 1/2 screws. To hide the screws I then installed square 1/2 x3/4 inch trim on the inside. If I had used oak or maple the router edge method would have been used. These cabinets I made from oak and route red the edges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A3ABB942-EF4D-4184-B7A5-19202655C9D3.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	142101   Click image for larger version

Name:	D7485F74-C470-48DC-9000-666917E31E80.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	142102   Click image for larger version

Name:	FC1B7B5A-E002-49BF-B898-3EAF74558621.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	142103  
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:46 PM   #1450
yakisoba
Frackin!

Any feedback on the P1 Black Superman? It's currently on sale in P1 website and shocked it was still available. To those who have them can you guys post more pics. I plan to place it with my DK3 Masterrace Batman.
yakisoba is offline   Reply With Quote