Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-28-2019, 08:52 AM   #101
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Got an email from SpecFiction that the T-800 was available and snagged one!
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:55 PM   #102
azurepred
Zot

these 2 look really good, but after seeing in hand pics of the Logan and Joker busts, I'm not willing to risk it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #103
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

There a new company and are continually figuring out the process. I agree with everything you said, the logan and the hand and the joker were let downs, logan being the worst.

BUT, in each piece and each new prototype they have put out, the have substantially IMPROVED on each peice, so that is good to see because it is a tricky process. And they are very concerned about their quality and listen to the fans and collectors like Ive never seen from ANY company at all. They adjust things on thier sculpts like a private artist would do from a client who is paying for a private commission. I have tota faith that the Terminators will be amazing. Loki comes out first, and its looking amazing even tho I hate everything marvel. The art and likeness on Loki is second to none.

It all comes from the same mold, so really it comes down to hair punching and good paint app. They showed awhile ago the first 10 production pieces for the T800 and they all look the same.

SO they are learning from thier mistakes, and I would say anything that they put out from here on in, will be fantastic under scrutiny. IF not, I would be the first to say it. They have come a long way in such a short time. Im willing to bet the pieces come out great.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #104
Shoo
Hercules

Posted by Master1983 on Freaks. These are both supposed to be production versions:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #105
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #106
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

The quality of the finished pieces looks to be excellent, but those likenesses look too far off for me. The Robert Patrick likeness looks to be closer than Arnie's though.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #107
ukshaun
Hercules

As impressive as they look, especially the Robert Patrick bust, i was never impressed by the Arnold portrait as edges of the broken bloody skin failed to look as good as the rest of the piece. I'm not sure either of the logic that led to type of damage caused?

Robert Patrick's left hand looks real!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #108
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
The quality of the finished pieces looks to be excellent, but those likenesses look too far off for me. The Robert Patrick likeness looks to be closer than Arnie's though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
As impressive as they look, especially the Robert Patrick bust, i was never impressed by the Arnold portrait as edges of the broken bloody skin failed to look as good as the rest of the piece. I'm not sure either of the logic that led to type of damage caused?

Robert Patrick's left hand looks real!
Do you guys think there is a better T-800 Arnie bust out there? While not perfect, I don't think there is a better one than this.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:14 AM   #109
gypsycatcha
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Personally I prefer Howard Senfts stage 5 over this one. Been lucky enough to see it in person and its totally amazing.

Im also interested to see fatherphantoms stage 5 silicone version.
gypsycatcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:16 AM   #110
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Do you guys think there is a better T-800 Arnie bust out there? While not perfect, I don't think there is a better one than this.
It’s not about there being a better one out there, if i’m going to drop $3k+ on a bust then I want the likeness to be pretty much bang on not have a close resemblance to the stunt double. It’s a great bust like I said the materials and finish look to be excellent but without the likeness that means nothing.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote