Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #521
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Man this reception is surprising. I guess I have no clue what the community would want. I think it looks outstanding.
It's hard to please everyone, cause everyone has an idea of what they want from a surfer.

-Chrome
-Dynamic
-Semi Dynamic
-Museum
-Sizing

So you might check a few boxes but bound to get auto hate from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Not that lol. And they hype for this and the long build. Pretty letdown is all. For those that like Surfer, well good. But yea he could have had SOMETHING going on pose wise lol. Didn't have to be full on dynamic.
Building up hype for that many months was bound to be a let down for alot of folks.

But your also getting the nova which likely won't be made into a PF anytime soon. So this will turn off people because i bet this will mean surfer is 850 or so.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #522
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

It looks like a statue of a statue of Silver Surfer.

I think if his hands had power surges with trails on each one it would have been perfect.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #523
Star-struck
The Spirit

I don't think the pose is bad, just not what everyone thinks when they think of the Surfer. This pose is kinda like he's just arriving to the battle ready to save the day. I like the silver and the base. And the EX looks amazing. But I wish there was a full board or at least most of it.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #524
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

as i said in the Sideshow Con thread...

this Surfer is a complete snoozfest...looks like zero thought went into it...zzzzzzzz
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:10 AM   #525
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I like it. Not the best Silver Surfer out there, but it is nice and will look great in collections. Not up to hype standards, but I definitely like it
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #526
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Just a quick google search for a similar pose, but just turning the body on the board or tilting the head (though this example would be more for if you have him displayed up high), makes such a difference on a very similar pose.
Yup. A slight alteration that would have given this a little (lot?) more visual interest.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #527
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
But your also getting the nova which likely won't be made into a PF anytime soon. So this will turn off people because i bet this will mean surfer is 850 or so.
That dynamic and more involved Dr. Strange right next to SS is $675. Silver Surfer should be closer to his price because he has less going on. If it’s $850 or so they are playing themselves and they will lose sales. Kitty added an extra $30 to Juggs. Nova should add another $30-40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
I don't think the pose is bad, just not what everyone thinks when they think of the Surfer. This pose is kinda like he's just arriving to the battle ready to save the day. I like the silver and the base. And the EX looks amazing. But I wish there was a full board or at least most of it.
That’s exactly what this is to me. And that’s why it works. The old Bowen museum works for me and this does, too. Could’ve been better but I like it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:19 AM   #528
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don’t mind the base but very disappointed with the statue pose of SS. It just looks like he is doing a bodybuilding standing pose. Probably the worst Daniel B sculpt to date, JMHO.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #529
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Honestly this feels like Magneto all over again.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:27 AM   #530
SONICobra
Batman

i really like it, not sure if i love it enough to order though... will wait for more pics and price to decide
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote