Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-17-2021, 05:26 PM   #11
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason0122 View Post
To be quite frank I think this statue looks great; definitely an improvement over the previous 1/2 scale black suit superman. You get a far better base, alternate heat vision portrait, and different sculpt. Placed my preorder, looking forward to this piece.
I have both of the originals in 1/2 and 1/3 scale, and I honestly prefer the 1/2 scale piece over the 1/3.

I don’t particularly ‘love’ the pose of the 1/3, but the heat vision sculpt is cool. I display that most of the time.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:42 PM   #12
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Who wants to bet that this will have the same armpit issues?
For the sake of those interested in this, I certainly hope not. Particularly given the price jump and the fact they make a point of saying they "have passionately built it from the ground up" and "have taken no shortcuts in developing this black suit version".

Obviously that all sounds like typical marketing, and should probably be taken with a grain of Apokolips dust, but it will deepen the hole if they end up with the exact same issue on release.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:09 PM   #13
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I guess movie statues are just never going to do anything for me whatsoever because I'm completely serious when I say that I'd rather pay full price for the Black Superman Hush than get this for free.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #14
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Do you guys believe Prime1 will fix the armpit issue with this release?
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:44 PM   #15
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I guess movie statues are just never going to do anything for me whatsoever because I'm completely serious when I say that I'd rather pay full price for the Black Superman Hush than get this for free.
I pretty much feel the opposite. I’m pretty much in the process of boxing up all my remaining comic pieces to make room for more movie pieces.

I really wanted the original Hush piece, but I just couldn’t get past that zombie like skin tone used on it.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:48 PM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Do you guys believe Prime1 will fix the armpit issue with this release?
It’s a coin flip imo.

Frankly if they told me flat out that they are fixing it, I wouldn’t believe them. Heck if the did say that it would probably piss me off too, as originally they said there was no issue that couldn’t be fixed once in hand, so if that’s how they honestly felt, what’s to fix as far as they’re concerned.

Though I’m thinking all that was just to slow the level of cancellations, because you’ll always have people like me who keep their preorders for a piece, with just a little bit of reassurance.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:03 PM   #17
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason0122 View Post
To be quite frank I think this statue looks great; definitely an improvement over the previous 1/2 scale black suit superman. You get a far better base, alternate heat vision portrait, and different sculpt. Placed my preorder, looking forward to this piece.
The only thing the 1/3 will have on the 1/2 is more accurate color tones and better head sculpts imo. I wish the Weta 1/4 Supes had head sculpts like the Prime. That combo would be automatic winner. Might have to wait and see what QS does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
For the sake of those interested in this, I certainly hope not. Particularly given the price jump and the fact they make a point of saying they "have passionately built it from the ground up" and "have taken no shortcuts in developing this black suit version".

Obviously that all sounds like typical marketing, and should probably be taken with a grain of Apokolips dust, but it will deepen the hole if they end up with the exact same issue on release.
considering the item is plain and simple a photoshop job, I'm not sure why anyone would take those words to mean anything.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:33 AM   #18
jmason0122
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Do we believe the comment, "Prime 1 Studio have taken no shortcuts in developing this black suit version of our original Justice League Superman statue. This is no mere “black version” of Superman’s iconic blue and red suit…Prime 1 Studio’s artists have passionately built it from the ground up."

I placed my preorder, so I really hope this turns out great and it is not merely a duplicate of the red/blue version, but just black. It sure looks like people like it, it is sold out at most places.
jmason0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:09 PM   #19
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Sales are big because of the hype of JL being released, but I suspect some of those orders will fall off as it gets closer to shipping. it looks exactly like the red and blue one to me so I don't know what they're talking about when they say "built it from the ground up". It'd be interesting to hear specifics about the differences between the two.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:13 PM   #20
jmason0122
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Sales are big because of the hype of JL being released, but I suspect some of those orders will fall off as it gets closer to shipping. it looks exactly like the red and blue one to me so I don't know what they're talking about when they say "built it from the ground up". It'd be interesting to hear specifics about the differences between the two.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But I do hope its not true, LOL. I really do hope they built it from the ground up and that is is quite a bit different than the red/blue version. It would be nice to see many collectors pleased and happy.
jmason0122 is offline   Reply With Quote