Old 02-08-2022, 11:20 AM   #28231
xb24
Sinister Six

Suicide Squad 2021 - 8/10
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:06 PM   #28232
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Parallel Mothers (2021) - The story of two mothers who give birth the same day.

This is advertised as a possible switched at birth story, but that theme actually takes a back seat to a much grander plotline. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 01:10 PM   #28233
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Superman II 10/10
Hangining for Django 7/10

Cable tv reruns. (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 06:00 PM   #28234
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The Guardian (1990) - A young couple hires a seemingly innocent nanny to take care of their new born, little do they know the nanny has an ulterior motive involving sacrifices and an ancient druidic tree. Directed by William Friedken (director of the Exorcist) this movie is a far cry from what he accomplished with the Exorcist but was still enjoyable and atmospheric. There was quite a bit of gore which was a nice surprise, and some of the best tree action i've seen in a movie since Evil dead lol (they even have an Evil Dead homage with the male lead and a chainsaw who looked a lot like Bruce Campbell) Although the movie wasn't amazing and a bit predictable it was entertaining all the way through - 7/10

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021) - Maybe my expectations were too high after reading reviews on this, and based on the reviews I appear to be in the minority here, but I was a bit let down with this movie. I appreciate hints of nostalgia in movies, but this movie went way overboard and seemed like I was just watching a worse version of Ghostbusters 1. Also where the hell were the ghosts? The ending was good overall, but the rest of the movie dragged a bit for me, I was really hoping to like this one more but to me it seems only a bit better than the 2016 Ghostbusters (yes I said it lol) at least that movie had some ghosts, and didnt just remake the first movie. I hope ill warm up to Ghostbusters 2021 after some more viewings but my initial thoughts are that it could have been a lot better, I hope they dont bring back Vigo for part 2 and instead actually make something unique - 7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:09 PM   #28235
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Curse of the Golden Flower (2006) - During China's Tang dynasty the emperor has taken the princess of a neighboring province as wife. She has borne him two sons and raised his eldest. Now his control over his dominion is complete, including the royal family itself.

I don't think I've ever seen a more impressive array of decolletage in one film. It deservedly got an Oscar nomination for costume design. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:20 PM   #28236
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a more impressive array of decolletage in one film.
Hadn't heard this before

noun
- a low neckline on a woman's dress or top.
- a woman's cleavage as revealed by a low neckline.

I like it
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:46 PM   #28237
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Samurai Marathon 7/10
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:24 AM   #28238
Wizard
Justice League

Kimi (Apple) - 7/10. Zoe Kravitz as a shut-in, tech worker who discovers something troubling while program troubleshooting her company’s new, virtual assistant, Kimi. Directed by Steven Soderbergh.

Nobody - 9/10. A mixture of “True Lies” and “John Wick.” Knows what it wants to do, and delivers the goods. Ninety minutes of solid action led by a protagonist who is a Timex watch. Bonus points for a great soundtrack and the inclusion of Christopher Lloyd.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:50 AM   #28239
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Blood Father - 5.5/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:47 PM   #28240
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Nobody - 9/10. A mixture of ?True Lies? and ?John Wick.? Knows what it wants to do, and delivers the goods. Ninety minutes of solid action led by a protagonist who is a Timex watch. Bonus points for a great soundtrack and the inclusion of Christopher Lloyd.
Nobody was a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Blood Father - 5.5/10
Solid flick, Mel was very good in the role. Have you seen him in Get The Gringo? Kind of flew under the radar, but well done, 7/10.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote