Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #31
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I don't think Grom is more important to lore than Arthas.
Yes Grom is....he was kind of like....Anakin. Strong, pure hearted...but got tainted...fell...and redeemed the Orc race.

His story is grand....why do you think BLizzard is making a statue of him? Besides looking cool!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #32
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Grom was the reason the Orcs joined the Burning Legion (demons) in the first place. Hence why the new WoW expansion is about going back in time and having Grom choose not to side with the Legion.

I do not know if that means he is 'more' important, I think they are equal in their own ways. Without Arthas, you are missing a lot also. How he became the Liche King, what is he did as, etc...
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #33
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
How he's made (lifesize). Backstage studio look;

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/2...statue-trailer
But.. He's supposed to be green, right? :S
Unless he changed colour somewhere during the WOW-games.
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #34
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

In WC3 he and his fellows were tainted by the Burning Legion and became red, in a point of the storyline... then they are healed and Grom and Thrall join to beat the s**t out of Mannoroth.
The statue could be based on that specific part or they could be rebooting Grom's physique to be more realistic and aggressive, that magenta/brown surely is better than the fancy green.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #35
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes Grom is....he was kind of like....Anakin. Strong, pure hearted...but got tainted...fell...and redeemed the Orc race.

His story is grand....why do you think BLizzard is making a statue of him? Besides looking cool!
By your logic of them making a statue of him equating to his importance, who came first? Lol

And Grom isn't the reason for the Orcs joining the legion. Gul'dan was. If not Grom, any of the orcs behind him not named Orgrim were drinking the blood.

Yeah, Grom is a great fallen and redemption story, but he's not more important than Arthas. Your criteria fits Arthas too. Strong, pure hearted, and then driven mad by his desire to destroy the burning legion.

And Perma, we aren't going back in time to stop Grom from drinking the blood and joining the legion. Garrosh has already done that. We are going back in time, and in turn, an alternate reality to stop Grom from coming into our world. Garrosh didn't run to him to save his family name. He ran to him to introduce him to Siege warfare and to invade current day Azeroth.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #36
spartan061
Frackin!

By the way guys, I'm pretty certain this isn't a Sideshow piece. This sculpt was made in-house by Blizzard, and Blizzard is starting to produce pieces themselves as seen by their Tracer statue from Overwatch.
spartan061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #37
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan061 View Post
By the way guys, I'm pretty certain this isn't a Sideshow piece. This sculpt was made in-house by Blizzard, and Blizzard is starting to produce pieces themselves as seen by their Tracer statue from Overwatch.
Oh nice! Didn't lnow they were doing Overwatch statues, the game looks all kinds of awesome and i'ld definately like a few of them in statue form.

Tracer is priced really nice at $150 and they even include an AC Adapter, which always pleases me.

IF Blizzard can start to pump out quality WoW and Diablo statues them selves at decent prices i'll be all over them!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #38
TheStig88
The X-Men

Oh snap, I didn't catch the Overwatch statues either. I think I might just have to pick up Tracer. Looks right on the money as far as the size/price goes, let's just hope the quality is there.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:28 PM   #39
CtrlAltElite
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Still waiting for DW. I'm def all over this!
CtrlAltElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #40
Damnation
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan061 View Post
I'm pretty sure Brian Fay sculpted all recent Blizzard/Sideshow statues.
Damnation is offline   Reply With Quote