Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Fall 2015 New TV Shows

Just wondering what you guys think about the new TV shows that aired within the last week or two. My ratings thus far:

1) The Player
2) Minority Report
3) Limitless
4) Blindspot
5) The Muppets
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Out of the new shows I found Quantico to be the most interesting. Minority Report horrible, Limitless okay, Blindspot disappointing, haven't seen The Player and no interest in The Muppets.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I watched The Muppets and thought it was good, definitely has the potential to get better. No interest in any of the others.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I watched The Muppets and thought it was good, definitely has the potential to get better. No interest in any of the others.
Me too & I agree. It was very good. My son & I cracked up a couple of times.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'd rather take a chance on cable TV series airing at other times of the year than fall shows on the major networks--the quality of cable shows just being generally better. Having said that, I will give Heroes Reborn a shot despite the mediocre reviews (I haven't watched last week's premiere yet), but will drop it if it's as bad as the last two seasons of the previous Heroes series.

The one fall TV show I definitely will not miss is The Man In The High Castle airing in November on Amazon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzayf9GpXCI
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:13 PM   #6
built2shred
Phoenix

The only two I watched was Limitless and Minority Report.... Minority Report was meh, give the first episode like a 5/10, I'm hoping it gets better..

I liked Limitless, I think it's got potential, first episode 7/10
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #7
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I'd rather take a chance on cable TV series airing at other times of the year than fall shows on the major networks--the quality of cable shows just being generally better. Having said that, I will give Heroes Reborn a shot despite the mediocre reviews (I haven't watched last week's premiere yet), but will drop it if it's as bad as the last two seasons of the previous Heroes series.
The only network shows I watch are Flash and Arrow, other than that it's all cable shows.

I had no intentions of watching Heroes Reborn, I dropped the original show during the second to the last season. I was channel surfing the other night and stumbled upon the premiere only about 10 minutes into it so I decided to check it out. Watched about 20 minutes of it and had enough. It's not really any better or worse than the original, but I felt that it was pretty much the same, which for me was just not very interesting. It's a good thing this is just a limited series, I doubt they'll renew it for more once it's done.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #8
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Most new network shows get canceled so I stopped wasting my time on them except for the occasional sitcom. Cable shows including streamers like Netflix are another matter entirely so that's where most of TV watching time is spent.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #9
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Most new network shows get canceled so I stopped wasting my time on them except for the occasional sitcom.
Exactly the same for me. I stopped watching for that reason, and even with Arrow I didn't jump on until the second season. I'll gamble on network sitcoms from time to time, but no hour longs for the most part.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #10
whd
Suicide Squad

Minority Report was pretty terrible and it made me lament how good Almost Human was, since it was so much better.

Heroes Reborn didn't come close to recapturing the magic of the original pilot, but did remind me of what a mess the later seasons were.

Blindspot was pretty entertaining, although I felt like James Spader's Raymond Reddington was definitely behind everything. It's a little like this show is a secret spin-off of The Black List.

Limitless did a good job of being an okay sequel to an okay movie.

The Muppets seemed like a cross between The Office and 30 Rock with muppets for actors. It made me miss the old Muppet Show as the characters have evolved over the years into less charming versions of themselves.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote