Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Would you pay more for the Filmation He-Man Statues You Want?
I would pay at least $100 extra per regular Filmation statue. 26 60.47%
I would pay at least $1,100 (AFTER discount) for the Panthor & Skeletor realistic set 30 69.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #11
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I voted for C. Yet I still bought all of the Filmation pieces (Waitlist for Sorceress )

The nostalgic factor was just too cool.

The D option is always a fine line between being unique vs recognisable. C would have been the way to go especially if they weren't limited to Filmation characters only.

That said, I'm very happy with the collection so far even if they are predominantly "A". You'll never look at them and think that they don't represent the character, whereas with Neca or SS, you might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I wonder if any classic Filmation fans bought the realistic Battle Cat. Would get a kick seeing him with the Filmation He-Man.
I didn't buy him, however through no lack of want. I was unemployed at the time of PO so didn't have the money to spend. I'll likely pick them up separately once they are released.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:39 PM   #12
princeofdiamond
Doh!

I will always support PCS on any MOTU filmation statue the bring out!

I gotta give PCS a pat on the back for the great job they have been doing on the PCS / filmation line. It has become such a pleasure seeing more and more statues come out from the line. I will support them by buying any single statue they bring out to contribute towards the filmation line. Sure sideshow can bring out some alternative he-man / skeletor statues but at the end of the day they aren't filmation inspired. PCS will always get my business! I am really looking forward to Ram Man I think he would be like the Zangief of Street fighter and we all know how much that statue goes for now about $3K easy. I would love to see Filmation PCS statues more often instead of having to wait so long for the next one to come out for pre-order. I wish PCS much success in making our childhood a reality. PCS ROCKS! If ever PCS struggles to sell a certain amount of statues for certain characters I would suggest they lower the edition size but increase the price! Like 1:3 ryu was a small edition size but more of a price. There are some serious he-man filmation fans out there and I hope this line NEVER DIES! I will buy an extra house if I must to hold all the statues :P
princeofdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:01 AM   #13
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I've bought every Skeletor statue PCS has released, and will continue to support them no matter what. I've built nearly my entire collection around MOTU pieces from PCS. I even have the He-man & Battlecat Combo on pre-order, which I can't wait to get btw! Best believe that I'd pay top dollar for a Modern/Mixed Media Skeletor & Panthor. No second thoughts, and I'm positive that many more feel the same. PCS shouldn't be discouraged because of Sideshow's sales. They should take pride in being one of the first companies to do right by MOTU fans, and should continue to dish out what the people wan't! They've done great so far, and continuing the Filmation line means bumping up the costs, then so be it! I really hope they make Skeletor & Panthor, even if its just sold as a combo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9927.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	95897  
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:20 AM   #14
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Filmation all the way, ss already makes realistic.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:59 AM   #15
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

I voted yes for both.
This poll is good because money is the only thing that could help us to have MER-MAN for Filmation line and SKELETOR PANTHOR for Mixed Media line.
I am pretty sure Jerry will revise his opinion if he knows we accept to pay more to have what we all want.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:24 AM   #16
B@ttle C@t
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I mentioned in another thread, I spent a lot time reorganizing my home office anticipating Skel/Panthor combo. So it's time to put up and shut up. Yes I'd be in at $1100 on combo. Payment plan of course!. Also I'm still holding out hope Jerry tries the preorder thing with the threshold, like what Matty did for a few of thier lines. If there are not enough preorders, issue refunds no harm no foul. Please Jerry
B@ttle C@t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:44 AM   #17
Gecktechs

Why can't Jerry just make an OPEN pre-order for a Mixed Media Skeletor & Panthor? Maybe even make them available ONLY as a combo. For example - Open pre-orders for the Skeletor & Panthor combo for 1 month. At the end of the month, close pre-orders and who ever ordered one, shall receive one! I wouldn't mind paying $1,200 for this combo either. As long as it compliments the He-Man & Battlecat combo, I think the fans will be happy. The mixed media/modern version approach to He-Man & Battlecat was a fantastic idea. I think you should give the people what they wan't and AT THE LEAST, make Skeletor & Panthor. Support the fans!!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:54 AM   #18
addic
The X-Men

+1
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:26 AM   #19
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Why can't Jerry just make an OPEN pre-order for a Mixed Media Skeletor & Panthor? Maybe even make them available ONLY as a combo. For example - Open pre-orders for the Skeletor & Panthor combo for 1 month. At the end of the month, close pre-orders and who ever ordered one, shall receive one! I wouldn't mind paying $1,200 for this combo either. As long as it compliments the He-Man & Battlecat combo, I think the fans will be happy. The mixed media/modern version approach to He-Man & Battlecat was a fantastic idea. I think you should give the people what they wan't and AT THE LEAST, make Skeletor & Panthor. Support the fans!!
Because of money.

So he does what you suggest and gets 100 orders at $1,200.

Now according to him that's not even the 200 minimum of 200 needed to get a factory to do production.

But assuming he somehow does it now how much does he have left over to pay for the design of the prototype? The artist, sculptor and painter want money.
Out of that what does PCS have for a profit?

$1,200 is about the minimum needed with sales exceeding 200 units.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:57 AM   #20
Gecktechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Because of money.

So he does what you suggest and gets 100 orders at $1,200.

Now according to him that's not even the 200 minimum of 200 needed to get a factory to do production.

But assuming he somehow does it now how much does he have left over to pay for the design of the prototype? The artist, sculptor and painter want money.
Out of that what does PCS have for a profit?

$1,200 is about the minimum needed with sales exceeding 200 units.
Maybe in your scenario where only 100 orders come in, PCS wouldn't make much of a profit, but I'm extremely confident that the combo would exceed the 200 minimum. That being the case, I wouldn't even see the need to price the combo at $1,200, let alone even have an open pre-order.. I said it just to voice another option. If The He-Man & Battlecat Combo sold out at 300pcs, why wouldn't a Skeletor & Panthor combo? PCS not continuing the path they started with the mixed media He-Man & Battlecat just seems silly to me. The first combo was successful - So will the second combo, if they actually give the fans and supporters what they want. How can you have a He-Man & Battlecat without his most prominant enemy, Skeletor & Panthor? Batman without the Joker, Spidey without Green Goblin? It just isn't right.