Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #501
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
What I am frustrated with Sideshow is that they are still using the "impose" HS code wrong. Why are they still using 9703.00.? Clearly they need to get their act together. They have created & raised more concerns then it needs to be.

I am contacting CBSA tomorrow morning to ask for the letter why I won all the cases.
Of course Sideshow doesn't care, we are international customers. Since Sideshow won't do what's right, I think we should flood the CBSA with cases. I am getting a few packages next month, if you want to give me instructions on what I need to do, I'll send in for every single one. I'm getting Arkham Deathstroke, Carnage, Geralt, and Venom in October and I'll submit for every single one.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #502
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Of course Sideshow doesn't care, we are international customers. Since Sideshow won't do what's right, I think we should flood the CBSA with cases. I am getting a few packages next month, if you want to give me instructions on what I need to do, I'll send in for every single one. I'm getting Arkham Deathstroke, Carnage, Geralt, and Venom in October and I'll submit for every single one.
Sent me a PM and I'll email what I'd sent CBSA to you. This whole thing is just a freaking mess. You have to do a case for each one.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #503
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
How much duty did you get back?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #504
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
How much duty did you get back?
I got over $280 CAD back on the 6 claims I did against CBSA. That's not chump change and SSC should realize it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #505
COI

I'm not gonna keep arguing about this. You guys are lashing out against Sideshow because they're the easier target. This source of this problem is the CBSA.

Even if there is more that they can do, and I'm not sure there is, I don't see how accusing them of not caring will inspire them to help. Just about every business that exports product tells you somewhere in the fine print that they're not responsible for tax/custom issues and that customers have to take that up with the appropriate offices in their country. It sucks, but it's standard; it's not their fight, and it's certainly not part of some bias on Sideshow's part to alienate their international customers. That's silly.

Said my piece; thanks again for the effort, and good luck to anyone disputing cases.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #506
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm not gonna keep arguing about this. You guys are lashing out against Sideshow because they're the easier target. This source of this problem is the CBSA.

Even if there is more that they can do, and I'm not sure there is, I don't see how accusing them of not caring will inspire them to help. Just about every business that exports product tells you somewhere in the fine print that they're not responsible for tax/custom issues and that customers have to take that up with the appropriate offices in their country. It sucks, but it's standard; it's not their fight, and it's certainly not part of some bias on Sideshow's part to alienate their international customers. That's silly.

Said my piece; thanks again for the effort, and good luck to anyone disputing cases.
Ditto.

Those unable to grasp the reality of this situation can continue to chase their own tails.

I suspect the CBSA employee caved to Jason just to get rid of him - still - whatever works

Good luck with your individual claims folks - I know that's the route I'm going

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #507
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I got over $280 CAD back on the 6 claims I did against CBSA. That's not chump change and SSC should realize it.
Is it 6.5 percent duty or not?
Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #508
Vader
Ghost

I called cbsa directly. There is a 6.5 duty.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #509
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post

I don't think anyone is arguing with you. I just disagree. When they say "responsible" surely they are talking about payment for those fees, because people would then argue that there were unforeseen costs that the seller should pay.

The CBSA is obviously ignorant, everyone can acknowledge that. From what we are led to believe, Sideshow received a blanket letter from the CBSA, this is wrong. The CBSA doesn't manufacture these products, and if they want to charge extra duty, they need to evaluate each piece individually, as each one consists of different materials and pieces.

Sideshow manufactures these pieces. They have a say in how these pieces are evaluated. Just like how we are not to just blindly accept what the CBSA, Sideshow should have said "No, this is clearly the wrong code." Reason 1. Reason 2. Reason 3.

Instead, we have an individual who does this, for Sideshow and Sideshow's customers, to benefit all. CBSA agrees, this is wrong. That information is presented to Sideshow, every time you used the code they told you, it was wrong, act accordingly. Sideshow says, no, we were told this and it's staying this way.

This tells me 1) Sideshow did not present a proper case in any way, seeing as the CBSA clearly agrees the wrong code is being used. 2) Sideshow doesn't care to address this wrongdoing, even if they were only doing what they were told. 3) Offer no sort of solution or next step to their use of the wrong code.

I'm not sure why some people on here are so hell bent on defending Sideshow with every bit of their might. It's a company. As consumers, we should demand more. We need to ask for better. This hobby is growing and becoming more expensive. It's not wrong to ask Sideshow to do more, and ask for better. People who say vote with your wallets need to buy from the other company producing 1/4 scale in North America... wait a second....
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #510
Vader
Ghost

Statues are subject to a 6.5 percent duty.