Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #511
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I don't think anyone is arguing with you. I just disagree. When they say "responsible" surely they are talking about payment for those fees, because people would then argue that there were unforeseen costs that the seller should pay.

The CBSA is obviously ignorant, everyone can acknowledge that. From what we are led to believe, Sideshow received a blanket letter from the CBSA, this is wrong. The CBSA doesn't manufacture these products, and if they want to charge extra duty, they need to evaluate each piece individually, as each one consists of different materials and pieces.

Sideshow manufactures these pieces. They have a say in how these pieces are evaluated. Just like how we are not to just blindly accept what the CBSA, Sideshow should have said "No, this is clearly the wrong code." Reason 1. Reason 2. Reason 3.

Instead, we have an individual who does this, for Sideshow and Sideshow's customers, to benefit all. CBSA agrees, this is wrong. That information is presented to Sideshow, every time you used the code they told you, it was wrong, act accordingly. Sideshow says, no, we were told this and it's staying this way.

This tells me 1) Sideshow did not present a proper case in any way, seeing as the CBSA clearly agrees the wrong code is being used. 2) Sideshow doesn't care to address this wrongdoing, even if they were only doing what they were told. 3) Offer no sort of solution or next step to their use of the wrong code.

I'm not sure why some people on here are so hell bent on defending Sideshow with every bit of their might. It's a company. As consumers, we should demand more. We need to ask for better. This hobby is growing and becoming more expensive. It's not wrong to ask Sideshow to do more, and ask for better. People who say vote with your wallets need to buy from the other company producing 1/4 scale in North America... wait a second....

4 months ago when I'd brought this up to Sideshow was that they indicated they couldn't not do anything until I've proven my case. The FedEx broker was not good enough for them. Well, I've proven my cases and won. Sideshow now says it's not good enough and needed more. I guarantee once I get the letter from CBSA, it will still not be good enough and will ask for more info. This is what my problem is with ssc. He said, she said. There is no consistency for this HS code as I have proven it can be interpreted in different ways
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #512
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
I don't think anyone is arguing with you. I just disagree. When they say "responsible" surely they are talking about payment for those fees, because people would then argue that there were unforeseen costs that the seller should pay.

The CBSA is obviously ignorant, everyone can acknowledge that. From what we are led to believe, Sideshow received a blanket letter from the CBSA, this is wrong. The CBSA doesn't manufacture these products, and if they want to charge extra duty, they need to evaluate each piece individually, as each one consists of different materials and pieces.

Sideshow manufactures these pieces. They have a say in how these pieces are evaluated. Just like how we are not to just blindly accept what the CBSA, Sideshow should have said "No, this is clearly the wrong code." Reason 1. Reason 2. Reason 3.

Instead, we have an individual who does this, for Sideshow and Sideshow's customers, to benefit all. CBSA agrees, this is wrong. That information is presented to Sideshow, every time you used the code they told you, it was wrong, act accordingly. Sideshow says, no, we were told this and it's staying this way.

This tells me 1) Sideshow did not present a proper case in any way, seeing as the CBSA clearly agrees the wrong code is being used. 2) Sideshow doesn't care to address this wrongdoing, even if they were only doing what they were told. 3) Offer no sort of solution or next step to their use of the wrong code.

I'm not sure why some people on here are so hell bent on defending Sideshow with every bit of their might. It's a company. As consumers, we should demand more. We need to ask for better. This hobby is growing and becoming more expensive. It's not wrong to ask Sideshow to do more, and ask for better. People who say vote with your wallets need to buy from the other company producing 1/4 scale in North America... wait a second....
It could be true (and probably is) that SS did not argue with CBSA to use the new code but taking it from a business point of view, you get a letter from a government official to make changes, a business change, you better do it, or you risk losing the ability to do business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post

4 months ago when I'd brought this up to Sideshow was that they indicated they couldn't not do anything until I've proven my case. The FedEx broker was not good enough for them. Well, I've proven my cases and won. Sideshow now says it's not good enough and needed more. I guarantee once I get the letter from CBSA, it will still not be good enough and will ask for more info. This is what my problem is with ssc. He said, she said. There is no consistency for this HS code as I have proven it can be interpreted in different ways
Again from SS stand point, I would also request from you a letter from CBSA indicating why they refunded you the money. This way, as a business, I would have proof that CBSA recognized the wrong harmonized code was used and refunded you the money for the use of the wrong code to described the statues you purchased from SS. As of now, having cheques, even though it is no doubt due to wrong codes, you could have received refunds for something else. Having a letter from CBSA would be bullet proof for SS to argue the code.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #513
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sideshow doesn't give a rat's ass about the ridiculous fees Canadians pay , to them we're just a bunch of $ signs and that's their right if they don't want to do anything to help ease the butt ----ing.
Once I'm done with my pre-orders, it may be time to quit collecting which is a shame ,since for the most part, I really enjoy their product . It's just getting too expansive .
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #514
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
It could be true (and probably is) that SS did not argue with SS to use the new code but taking it from a business point of view, you get a letter from a government official to make changes, a business change, you better do it, or you risk losing the ability to do business.

Again from SS stand point, I would also request from you a letter from CBSA indicating why they refunded you the money. This way, as a business, I would have proof that CBSA recognized the wrong harmonized code was used and refunded you the money for the use of the wrong code to described the statues you purchased from SS. As of now, having cheques, even though it is no doubt due to wrong codes, you could have received refunds for something else. Having a letter from CBSA would be bullet proof for SS to argue the code.
I'm going to call CBSA tomorrow morning. It's good thing I have the cheque numbers for the refunds. Hopefully I get my proof and Finally put this to rest!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #515
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm going to call CBSA tomorrow morning. It's good thing I have the cheque numbers for the refunds. Hopefully I get my proof and Finally put this to rest!
It is sad you have to do all this work, but if SS went to CBSA to ask for a code change based on your letters and cheques, I can see whoever at CBSA that make changes to H codes would request proof that is why you received the refunds. Otherwise, no change in codes.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #516
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

This reminds me when I had bought from Blizzard...they make you pay the taxes upfront on the website ( which is illegal to have canadian residents pay U.S taxes ).. when I received my package I contacted the CBSA that I had already paid taxes...they sided with me and so did the FedEx Broker..so Fedex revised my bil and removed the taxesl..weeks later since FedEx had paid upfront the taxes they sent the bill to Blizzard instead trying to get their money back..Blizzard did'nt give a damn so FedEx finally forced me to pay although I had won my case before..reason was bc they could not have Blizzard pay them...they should have null and void the charge instead.

Sometimes it's friggin ridiculous..I'm with you V ..don't give up
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:34 AM   #517
COI

Quote:

I'm not hell bent on defending Sideshow or any other company. I just try to see things on both sides. I'm a consumer, so I get the frustration because I'm affected by all this, but these conversations are always so weighted in one direction or another, as if being a consumer necessarily entails an adversarial relationship with businesses.

Saying things like 'SS doesn't care because we're internationals' isn't asking for better as consumers, it's assuming callousness and borderline unethical behavior. Not sure how that's conducive to anything other than indulging frustration.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #518
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'm not hell bent on defending Sideshow or any other company. I just try to see things on both sides. I'm a consumer, so I get the frustration because I'm affected by all this, but these conversations are always so weighted in one direction or another, as if being a consumer necessarily entails an adversarial relationship with businesses.

Saying things like 'SS doesn't care because we're internationals' isn't asking for better as consumers, it's assuming callousness and borderline unethical behavior. Not sure how that's conducive to anything other than indulging frustration.
This is all part of the bigger problems with Sideshow. When I say Sideshow doesn't care about International collectors, it's not simply for one reason alone. And it's because I want Sideshow to understand how I feel about their inaction over their issues. I want them to say "These people are having a hard time, they love our products, we want their business, what can we do to best serve them." But that's the problem, they know we have no other choice, as they have essentially blocked any other company from selling 1/4 scale in North America. We can talk about Sideshow's ridiculous shipping costs. There are numerous things Sideshow could do to help international collectors and thus, help their sales, but they just won't.
Companies will usually strive to create the best situation for customers to buy their products. Sideshow knows we have no other choices, and knows they have to do nothing. So that's what they will do. Ask the consumer for more. And in this case, ask the consumer to do their work for them.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #519
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Statues are subject to a 6.5 percent duty.
they shouldn't be. CBSA is using a bullcrap, vague code to gouge us. VS fought them and won...6 times.

We all should do the same.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #520
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
This is all part of the bigger problems with Sideshow. When I say Sideshow doesn't care about International collectors, it's not simply for one reason alone. And it's because I want Sideshow to understand how I feel about their inaction over their issues. I want them to say "These people are having a hard time, they love our products, we want their business, what can we do to best serve them." But that's the problem, they know we have no other choice, as they have essentially blocked any other company from selling 1/4 scale in North America. We can talk about Sideshow's ridiculous shipping costs. There are numerous things Sideshow could do to help international collectors and thus, help their sales, but they just won't.
Companies will usually strive to create the best situation for customers to buy their products. Sideshow knows we have no other choices, and knows they have to do nothing. So that's what they will do. Ask the consumer for more. And in this case, ask the consumer to do their work for them.
You're joking right? The only company we do not have access to is XM. Every other company, Iron Studios, Prime 1, PCS, HMO, etc...we can buy from. Besides, it is not SS who determines where the statue companies can sell the products, it is the licensed owners.

"Ridiculous shipping costs"?! You're joking right? We are saving a lot of money from shipping cost through SS. If you try to have the statues you buy from SS shipped from US or China, you would be paying a minimum of $100. Buying XM from Singapore is a prime example of how much shipping cost, $250 plus.