Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-22-2017, 12:41 AM   #101
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I don't view this as a rant at all makes sense to me. Unfortunately according to red ant they do now have an official policy on delays which sucked for a lot of people who wanted to cancel.
Thanks, to clarify official policy is welcomed i have no issue with it, the problem is they are changing the dates after the fact. The policy was always if the statue is 3+ months late you can request a refund without losing the deposit, and from my understanding noone had issues with it.

But after this red ant or new management came onboard, they decided to pad all the release dates for preorders ALREADY completed by 6+ months, then use that as the release date + 3 months for refund.

I am sorry but that's just dishonest and wrong - when your newsletter that was sent at the time of preorder clearly stated the release date, now you are changing this date after customer has long paid for the preorder to prevent refund. This also makes me worry because if your statue is selling well why would you need to do that and piss off existing customers.

I dont even care about the $90 i will lose considering how much money i have tied up with pcs preorders, but it's the principal, and the fact they just stop responding after you point this out to them and show them the newsletter release date that was sent previously.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:28 AM   #102
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I don't really get the point of this thread continuing. What's the benefit of PCS "letting go" either for PCS or us as customers? PCS having the license hasn't stopped PrototypeZ or Prime1 from stepping up.
Is there some belief that if not for MK or SF PCS would be able to do all these magical projects?

Look it all comes down to sales and costs. We can moan all we want about what PCS should change from our personal view but that even all that isn't going to change the numbers.

MK as a license is nearly exhausted in this game.
Go all Klassics? Yeah ok Liu Kang, Raiden, and the Cyborgs didn't cut the mustard but somehow selling 200 Johnny Cages is?

If y'all are waiting for completion for *ANY* statue line from *ANY* company you might not want to hold your breath.
There are plenty more characters to do yes I'm sure we will never see a night wolf or sindel or Stryker and I understand line might not be completed but pcs has finished all 12 warriors for sf and mk classic has a lot complete. There is Shang, Kung, classic kitana, Kano, Sonya I think those can really sell.

And the most requested mk statue ever MOKAP. Once Jerry sculpts him all other statues will be held to this standard!
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #103
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I agree with you. Just certain characters that will not sell, and 20 or so people wishing to happen doesn't change that. But it does beg the as question...where is Fei Long? I mean, I think everyone knows he'd sell.
SF inspires a more dedicated fanbase and that's the simple truth.
SF could pull off completing the original SFII cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
There are plenty more characters to do yes I'm sure we will never see a night wolf or sindel or Stryker and I understand line might not be completed but pcs has finished all 12 warriors for sf and mk classic has a lot complete. There is Shang, Kung, classic kitana, Kano, Sonya I think those can really sell.

And the most requested mk statue ever MOKAP. Once Jerry sculpts him all other statues will be held to this standard!
At this point the only people interested in a 1/4 Klassic Kitana in the same style are those that bought the Klassic Jade and Mileena. Problem is the game has changed. Even the sales of the original Ninjas wouldn't cut current ES production constraints. Selling a combined ES of 400 Kitanas at $300 isn't sustainable any more.
Kano could look cool but he won't even reach Raiden's sales. Sonya is a popular character but the Klassic costume look would be hard to pull off in the established Mixed Media Klassics style and still appeal to more casual fans.
Yes I agree that Shang Tsung is the best chance.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote