Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Arhian: Head Huntress III?

It was leaked that the next Arhian statue may be based on this pirate design from the comic.

Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

pirates are cool, don't like the hat much though ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
pirates are cool, don't like the hat much though ><
It does look very music festival chic, she's on her way to Coachella from the neck up.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:05 PM   #4
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The first thing I thought when I saw this pic was that it was the third Arhian sculpt. I hope it's not... That would be really a disappointment. It's a great cover though.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #5
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnyne View Post
It does look very music festival chic, she's on her way to Coachella from the neck up.
I thought it was a santa hat ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #6
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I haven't ordered any of the Arhian statues but if I did I would likely only order one, whichever was my favorite pose.

Are you guys ordering or planning to order all or several statues of this character? Is the comic pretty good?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #7
The13thWarlock

I have the first and the second on PO... I plan on ordering the third... Which is why I hope it's not this one. But they said there would be a statue for each of her outfits so looks like this it it for number three. I was hoping for a more Arkhalla like staue for the third one.

As for the comic, it's my favorite out of the three. A definite must read for ARH fans.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #8
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I haven't ordered any of the Arhian statues but if I did I would likely only order one, whichever was my favorite pose.

Are you guys ordering or planning to order all or several statues of this character? Is the comic pretty good?
I just have the Arhian II "City of Horrors" piece on the way. I had zero connection to the character and never read the comics. My interest in that piece was purely from my appreciation of fantasy characters and watching the crew work on her in the old "Slaying the Beast" videos.

I just really dug her design and thought she looked badass wearing that hooded wolf fur cloak! I also felt that the piece was good at defining her as the "Head Huntress" considering she's holding one her victim's heads. The extra heads on the base were a bit overkill but at least they're removable.

On top of that, she has a nice variety of display options: With or without cloak. Axe or sword. Topless or not. Choice of how many of the extra heads you want on the base.

I might be interested in this pirate version depending on what direction they go with the sculpt but yeah...not feeling the hat on that comic cover. It remains to be seen if they'll even use it in the sculpt or possibly have a second portrait without it.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #9
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I just have the Arhian II "City of Horrors" piece on the way. I had zero connection to the character and never read the comics. My interest in that piece was purely from my appreciation of fantasy characters and watching the crew work on her in the old "Slaying the Beast" videos.

I just really dug her design and thought she looked badass wearing that hooded wolf fur cloak! I also felt that the piece was good at defining her as the "Head Huntress" considering she's holding one her victim's heads. The extra heads on the base were a bit overkill but at least they're removable.

On top of that, she has a nice variety of display options: With or without cloak. Axe or sword. Topless or not. Choice of how many of the extra heads you want on the base.

I might be interested in this pirate version depending on what direction they go with the sculpt but yeah...not feeling the hat on that comic cover. It remains to be seen if they'll even use it in the sculpt or possibly have a second portrait without it.
I would imagine they will do two head sculpts... one with and one without.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
AC_808
Hercules

Hmmm ...not feeling this one just by looking at the concept art. Might need to see the 3D rendering first....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote