Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-07-2017, 11:55 PM   #491
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Thanks, I might just do that. I've been thinking about rigging one
Not to get too far off topic, but the nice thing about the plug in lights are if you get your outlet to turn on from your main room light switch you can get all your collectibles to turn on simply by flicking that one switch....
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:09 AM   #492
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Not to get too far off topic, but the nice thing about the plug in lights are if you get your outlet to turn on from your main room light switch you can get all your collectibles to turn on simply by flicking that one switch....
That is a great idea. Where were you when I was finishing my basement.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #493
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Not surprise by this from SSC and it shows they do not give a damn about us!

Just got reply back from Sideshow and here is their responds back....

Eric Fetchet (Sideshow)
Sep 12, 3:17 PM PDT

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the follow up.

We're pleased to hear that you were able to receive refunds from the CBSA. I appreciate you providing us with images of the checks and the dispute letters you submitted.

Per our previous correspondence, we are aware that some collectors have been successful in submitting appeals for reimbursement of their duties and taxes. We had provided you with text taken directly from a written ruling from the CBSA that defined the specific harmonized code to be utilized for the import of the polystone statue category of our product offering. This ruling was provided after an exhaustive evaluation of our product, core materials, and components and indicated that 3926.40.10.00 was the correct code. Successful individual appeals do not negate the findings of the CBSA.

As such, Sideshow cannot alter the harmonized codes for your future shipments. We would be more than happy to pursue your code concern if you can provide us with a written ruling from the CBSA on your matter, stating officially that you were refunded due to the incorrect harmonized code used to categorize your Sideshow statue items.
Best regards,
Eric Fetchet

Customer Support Manager
Sideshow Support

So now I will contact CBSA for some sort of letter to state why the case was sided with me....

and you know what.....

after that is done..... Sideshow still doesn't care and will do absolutely nothing!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #494
VS1976

Not surprise by this from SSC and it shows they do not give a damn about us!

The amount of hassle this has caused to make the claim that CBSA & Sideshow has done is not right. At the end of the day, its the duty of the exporter to make it right. To have the importer do all the work and get nothing out of it is just wrong.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #495
COI

I appreciate the effort, and I get your frustration, but this is a problem with the CBSA and not an issue with Sideshow not caring about its customers; they're following imposed guidelines.

It's the CBSA that needs to get their stuff in order.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:07 PM   #496
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
The amount of hassle this has caused to make the claim that CBSA & Sideshow has done is not right. At the end of the day, its the duty of the exporter to make it right. To have the importer do all the work and get nothing out of it is just wrong.
You're taking your frustrations out on Sideshow because it's easier than dealing with a giant bureaucracy, but it's the CBSA that is at fault here. Sideshow is doing what they're told; it's not like they profit off of using the wrong code.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:15 PM   #497
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I appreciate the effort, and I get your frustration, but this is a problem with the CBSA and not an issue with Sideshow not caring about its customers; they're following imposed guidelines.

It's the CBSA that needs to get their stuff in order.
Jason - I've stayed out of this thread over the last 2 weeks as my previous explanations didn't seem to be being understood by you.

However, I have to agree with COI and others - per my earlier posts - this is not Sideshow's fault.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts, but your logic remains unsound and your attempts to blame Sideshow are misdirected.

It seems the best we can do (annoying & frustrating as it may be), is to challenge on an individual shipment basis, in the hope that (as with yourself) we get a CBSA employee that accepts the challenge/claim.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:18 PM   #498
VS1976

Quote:
You're taking your frustrations out on Sideshow because it's easier than dealing with a giant bureaucracy, but it's the CBSA that is at fault here. Sideshow is doing what they're told; it's not like they profit off of using the wrong code.
What I am frustrated with Sideshow is that they are still using the "impose" HS code wrong. Why are they still using 9703.00.? Clearly they need to get their act together. They have created & raised more concerns then it needs to be.

I am contacting CBSA tomorrow morning to ask for the letter why I won all the cases.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #499
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
What I am frustrated with Sideshow is that they are still using the "impose" HS code wrong. Why are they still using 9703.00.? Clearly they need to get their act together. They have created & raised more concerns then it needs to be.

I am contacting CBSA tomorrow morning to ask for the letter why I won all the cases.
But 9703.00 is the code you want them to use. So you're mad that Sideshow is inconsistent, and you'd prefer they be consistent at using the code you don't want them to use, than using the code you want them to use haphazardly?

The real inconsistency, and the root of this problem, lies with the CBSA. You're misdirecting your anger, and I really don't see how saying Sideshow doesn't care about their customers in the context of this situation will help. They're not profiting here.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #500
VS1976

Quote:
But 9703.00 is the code you want them to use. So you're mad that Sideshow is inconsistent, and you'd prefer they be consistent at using the code you don't want them to use, than using the code you want them to use haphazardly?

The real inconsistency, and the root of this problem, lies with the CBSA. You're misdirecting your anger, and I really don't see how saying Sideshow doesn't care about their customers in the context of this situation will help. They're not profiting here.
Yes. Consistency matters. If they have self impose that HS code 3926.40 is to be used, they need to stick by it and have as argue against it towards CBSA. If SSC truly cared about Canadian consumers, they should do more.

I have yet seen any evidence SSC did anything to argue the case for us. All I saw was a letter from CBSA that SSC used to impose the new HS code.