Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #21
RomanceDawn
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

How about Metroid? Though I suppose the games themselves don't sell that well so the statues themselves probably aren't too hot. Once I get that 1/4 Samus and that Ridley I will be set on Metroid. Actually no, I want a Fusion suit so badly.

With so much Sonic I would have figured those were selling pretty well. I think I have about 8 from that line and willing to get classic Amy.

When it comes to Kirby and a few other cuter Nintendo properties I can understand how most people see something like Nightmare or Samus as just more impressive and worth more of their money. For me however, seeing such simple designs like Kirby or Mario made into such a large piece really captures my eye much more so than something that is super complex and busy. For me and it seems many others, I need just need the standard version first. I've only got so much space before things get out of hand.
RomanceDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #22
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The Varia suit EX was one of their biggest sellers so Metroid is fine so far.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #23
BurningRage
Inhumans

I noticed people here who passed on the light suit but bought the varia suit. It will be interesting to see how the next suit sells. I wonder if Bowser and Mario on Yoshi will still sell well based on price.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #24
mousse
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Apparently this is not selling well and the line could be cancelled.
That's because they aren't releasing the characters people want, and they don't advertise. They've done this with a few lines now.

F4F need to get the word out for all these potential licenses and new releases and not rely on their members to spread the word and attract series fans to the group. There's also a lot of ultimately useless polls in the closed and very isolated collectors group to determine interest in licenses, but it's like asking a bunch of Zelda fans whether they want an anime statue when they don't even watch anime.
mousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #25
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousse View Post
That's because they aren't releasing the characters people want, and they don't advertise. They've done this with a few lines now.

F4F need to get the word out for all these potential licenses and new releases and not rely on their members to spread the word and attract series fans to the group. There's also a lot of ultimately useless polls in the closed and very isolated collectors group to determine interest in licenses, but it's like asking a bunch of Zelda fans whether they want an anime statue when they don't even watch anime.
I wouldn't say Zelda fans don't watch anime. If they would've put reg Kirby first and this after, this would still sell bad and the license would end anyway. They do share their stuff with the other statue collector groups and video game sites had articles about some of their statues but they don't have the hype of the other companies. They end send statues to Radd Titan to review. I haven' really seen anyone with huge XM, Sideshow, PCS or Prime 1 collections buying F4F statues though. Lots of people just stick to their favorite company.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #26
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think they just make bad calls. There's not much of a market for Kirby statues, much less variants of him. You won't get much interest from SF/MK/super hero collectors. So, I dunno, some things probably shouldn't be made out of good business sense.

Or make them very limited, like Jerry does for his passion projects.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #27
BurningRage
Inhumans

200 ex
Old 06-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #28
First4Figures
First 4 Figures
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousse View Post

We do advertise for ALL our products. We give it all and do what we can for each and everyone of them.
First4Figures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #29
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
I think they just make bad calls. There's not much of a market for Kirby statues, much less variants of him. You won't get much interest from SF/MK/super hero collectors. So, I dunno, some things probably shouldn't be made out of good business sense.

Or make them very limited, like Jerry does for his passion projects.
yeah, same for statues IMO just regular kirby and metaknight is kinda where it's at :/
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:18 PM   #30
Victoria
Frackin!

Does anyone know where you can buy this? I can’t find the light up one anywhere. I looked on First 4 Figures’ website, but all of their Kirby figures say “sold out.”
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote