Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #6601
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
I think SS just previewed a Brotherhood of mutants at the end of SS live
you have Dino Eye

Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #6602
Eky

Jugg PFFFFFFFFFF !!!

Old 09-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #6603
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Holy ----! Please be a Daniel Bel Juggernaut!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:09 PM   #6604
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Yeah, but the only reason why their prints are in the 200-300 range is because of signature gate. Demand dropped considerably when people found out that the signatures were fake and SIdeshow had no choice but to significantly reduce edition sizes as a result. Initially they dropped them back down to the 150-200 range, but they have been slowely creeping back up again.

I actually find this entire topic extremely fascinating as I have been following the limited edition print market for roughly 25 years now and I have never seen a situation like this before. As I have posted before, I am very curious to see if Sideshow winds up eventually going with 100% real signature's and I am very curious to see if their print line can recover and get back to the level it was at before signature gate hit. I have no doubt whatsoever that had signature gate never happened, that Sideshow could have continued raising edition sizes at least to the 1000 level before they hit the ceiling. Personally, I think it can recover as people tend to have short memories when they see something they really want. It really just depends on wether Sideshow will commit to 100% real signatures and on that front I have absolutely no clue what will happen.
Some of the signatures are hand signed like the Movie Wonder Woman one, however they charge 200 dollars for it :/

They aren't fake in the sense they are counterfeit but the artists signs once and a mechanical pencil stencils the rest which is close to the same thing.

I agree that they are overpriced though significantly. You can buy custom art handmade from most comic artists in that price range.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #6605
Eky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Holy ----! Please be a Daniel Bel Juggernaut!
It's just a print but we have hope !

(to be honsect and a bit selfish i would prefer seeing Daniel work on another character but hey why not a juggy^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
Some of the signatures are hand signed like the Movie Wonder Woman one, however they charge 200 dollars for it :/

They aren't fake in the sense they are counterfeit but the artists signs once and a mechanical pencil stencils the rest which is close to the same thing.

I agree that they are overpriced though significantly. You can buy custom art handmade from most comic artists in that price range.
More priced prints are du to the name (olivia, alex ross..) by contract dealt between author ans SSC. not because it's hand signed.
For example Stan Lau prints are hand signed and the same price.

in fact only olivia and alex prints are more expensive actually.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #6606
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Just a comment to anyone collecting art prints and obviously some big spenders in this department. If you can attend one of the local cons (if you have them or Comic Con SDCC) you can find some creative and often limited editions prints beyond what you see from Sideshow. I know the draw is matching to the sculpts but in my opinion your set up will probably look like someone else's who has the piece and the art print. Not a bad thing just expanding horizons. And you can get original signatures and chat with the artist. My 2 cents....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #6607
khrisc
The X-Men

Anyone seen the FB of Alex Ross? Why is he selling the Superman print again I thought it was sold out already?
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:02 PM   #6608
Eky

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Anyone seen the FB of Alex Ross? Why is he selling the Superman print again I thought it was sold out already?
On his official website too

it's his remaining AP ES 25
Old 09-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #6609
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-ne...nts-art-print/
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #6610
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

That looks pretty sweet! Damn you Sideshow!
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote