Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
vashdaman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

TeamYu Shenmue tweetathon

Hi, I don't know if this is against the rules, if so then I apologise.

TeamYu is a campaign with the singular aim of pressuring Sega until they finally pass the Shenmue license back to Yu Suzuki (as he has expressed desire for it) so he can finish the saga. In order to do this we have started doing tweetathons on the 3rd of every month, with the aim to get the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense hashtag trending. This is the third round and we're hoping it's the biggest one yet!

For more info check out this impassioned post on Team Yu's FB page, by it's founder http://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/435026916509353
couldn't say it better

So if you love Shenmue and have twitter please include the hashtag in a tweet (preferably at Sega) tonight/tomorrow (depending on your timezones) and you can also follow @TeamYuNeedsYou. And tell a friend if they like Shenmue too.

Many thanks
vashdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Lol, Sega probably doesn't even have enough money for this game because they are wasting it on crapping Sonic remakes and sequels. I hope your petition goes well though because I have been ready for a new Shenmue since the import of Shenmue 2 on dreamcast.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
vashdaman

Thanks for the reply WizardJones. Don't worry, your not alone in your scepticism of Sega, in fact that's exactly why we have started this campaign. Sega haven't demonstrated any true desire to continue the Shenmue saga over the last decade, so we're saying "OK fair enough if you don't want to make a Shenmue 3, but if that's the case then at least pass the License on to Yu Suzuki, as he has recently mentioned he wants it and has interested investors."

Yesterdays tweetathon went really well and was the biggest yet, so please join us on June 3rd for the next round.

http://www.facebook.com/TeamYu
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think SEGA forced retirement on Yu Suzuki because of the failure of Shenmue. I would be shocked if they make part 3. Forget about giving away the rights. Although I haven't finished part 2 because of the Xbox problems. The game also put me to sleep but maybe I was tired that day. The first one was good. Also, Yu Suzuki's last project made it to arcade testing and was cancelled. I think that gives you a good idea of the support Yu Suzuki has at SEGA at this point.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Doc4LC
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Having played through and loved the first two Shenmue games I would love to see the story finished, but realistically know Shenmue 3 probably will never happen. At this point I would like to see anything to provide closure to the story. A game would be great, but I'd even settle for a manga like book detailing the final parts of the story.
Doc4LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
vashdaman

Thanks for the reply Doc4LC. I wouldn't count out Shenmue 3 yet, personally. It's still the most desired game that never got made in nearly gaming poll ever taken, and most importantly the man himself Yu Suzuki hasn't given up hope yet. I've seen less likely things happen in the games industry ( such as a sequel for Sin and Punishment! that was surprise).

The tweetathon for June 3rd has now officially commenced (well at least in the UK as it's now 12.50am, but everyone else can get stuck in now too ). I would be genuinely humbled if any here manage to particpate, even if it's just one tweet with #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense in it. Hopefully this month will be the biggest tweetathon yet for us!!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
vashdaman

Hi all! Long time no update.

The Team Yu #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense tweetathon has been going from strength to strength recently, and so much has happened that I don't even know where to start. So I'm just going to share the link to our work in progress website http://teamyu.net/prelaunch/, Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TeamYu and our latest campaign vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Z6YVwqUBc

I hope to see you all tweeting on the 3rd! And if you can help spread the word, please do so! Help us keep the fight for Shenmue 3 going strong!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
Frankierock
Omega Red

Dude you tried this back in 2009 and it got nowhere...
Granted Tweeting is prob a better Idea then the E-mails

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...hlight=shenmue

Shenmue was a favorite of mine but I really think Sega will never bring this Series back, they are too intrested in restoring games like Sonic for the 100th time...YUCK!
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
vashdaman

Ah yes 2009, well all I can say about that is that it was a younger me! I've been working with people a lot more organized than myself, so this campaign is a very very different beast. We've even had support from the gaming media: http://www.1up.com/features/unclear-...ture-shenmue-3

Games TM, and a member of Sumo digital have also tweeted in support of our campaign.

If Shenmue is a favourite of yours then don't give up on it yet. Send a tweet and be heard on the 3rd!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
Frankierock
Omega Red

Hopefully this time we get somewhere with it...would love a 3rd.
And at worst maybe we get the first 2 ported over.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote