Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #2391
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
IMO, some of you guys have some serious misconceptions about what constitutes successful sales. The idea that these statues have to sell out in 6-9 months time to be deemed successful is just so flawed on so many levels.

Just scroll down Sideshow's entire list of Premium Format statues still in stock. The number of statues still available that one would deem older statues is incredibly small and most of them are now down to "low stock remaining" including Red Son Wonder Woman, Red Sun Superman, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Joker: Arkham Asylum, etc. Just because those statues took longer than the average sell out rates doesn't mean they weren't sucessful. At the end of the day, they will still sell out. And the regular editions of the Turtles will also sell out and it wont take a long time for that to happen. By this time next year they will all be sold out. As for Shredder, yes I do think they could sell 1500 Shredders. It might not sell out in 6 months, but I have zero doubt it would wind up selling out. Given that Sideshow completes 100% of thier editions, there has never been a single Sideshow statue in the entire history of the company that didn't eventually wind up selling out.

Honestly, I am surprised we havent seen a company go this route yet (making statues of supermodels). I know I would buy an Adriana Lima and Gisele Bundchen statue if they were really well made. Actually, you could throw a Paulina Porizkova in there as well.
I think he's referring to her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie character, straight up statues of just a person is a little on the creepy side in my opinion, no offense.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #2392
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think characters like April or Casey Jones would have very limited appeal. To take a very critical perspective, April is a journalist like on the nightly news (you want a statue of Katie Couric or Barbara Walters) and Casey Jones "maybe" is a step up fired hockey player with a Punisher Halloween mask? I might be a little harsh with Casey and would see limited quantities selling there.....but April? Give her huge jugs, bum, hourglass, and a bikini and she could be the next Red Sonja.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #2393
theokan

I think Casey Jones has it in his favor actually, people are more accepting of the concept of an average Joe puts on a mask and fights crime, even more so then in the 80s, thanks to all the Superhero movies now a days. He would basically have the same appeal as the characters from the "Kick @ss" movies/comics, and those were generally well received. And I'm strictly talking about people who are not already TMNT fans.

yes, hokey mask, hokey sticks, baseball bat, some spikes here and there, that would make for a good homemade superhero feel, and with the SSC realistic rendition, I think people would go for that actually.

But I'm actually not really a Casey Jones fan, I really want the villains personally, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxtor(fly), Shredder, and Krang.

--
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #2394
Parallax
Nightwing

Casey Jones definitely has appeal, as do Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Unfortunately I think that's where this line ends. I just want Splinter.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #2395
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Casey Jones definitely has appeal, as do Shredder, Bebop, and Rocksteady. Unfortunately I think that's where this line ends. I just want Splinter.
The Rat King. Come on guys.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #2396
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Doubt he would even be considered.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #2397
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Man the Ratking was pretty cool to see in the cartoon but when you look up the comic book story about him online,he was really short lived outside of messing with Splinter's head in future comic books. Even better is the fact that he was created by Jim Lawson!
Also after reading about RatKing's fate, I found that Leo just went up a couple notches as one of my favorite of the 4 Turtles.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #2398
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
I think he's referring to her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie character, straight up statues of just a person is a little on the creepy side in my opinion, no offense.
?

I bet there are many "just a person" from a movie that would sell. John McClain is one that comes to mind.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #2399
Squizzy614

what about Slash, Leather Head, or Metal Head?? i think those would make for some sick lookin statues
Squizzy614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #2400
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizzy614 View Post
what about Slash, Leather Head, or Metal Head?? i think those would make for some sick lookin statues
Snapping Turtle!

wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote