Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #141
joerock
U talkin' to me?

No Knife. Pal Key Card, Diazepam and a pack of smokes and were Solid! I mean Solid and Naked/Big Boss are.....two....different...people.....sorta
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #142
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
yes! I made a comment about having a statue of a soldier with the "!" above the head, in one of the threads on facebook. That would be so cool.
The SOCOM is great but did they change the face too? It just seems to me that the prototype has a much leaner face with a V-shaped chin than the reveal.

It's not a bad statue at all but personally I'm not super feeling it. It's probably a licensing issue but I was really hoping for a MGS version of snake and not a legacy one. Younger, short hair, leaner...

I would have replaced the wall with some lockers. You could have had one open with a girl poster in it, or the spinning ammo box in it and then put a cardboard box instead of the ammo box on the outside.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #143
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Solid Snake never used a knife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I don't want F4F to take the path of Prime1 (which put non sense base on berserk statue ) or PCS. It's a Solid Snake from MGS 1, so no knife belongs here!
+1

Solid used one in MGS4. This is MGS1!!! This piece must stay true to the game. Any suggestions non cannon to MGS1, I Challenge you to a ear pulling contest.

Now if a stinger, famas, or nikkita switchouts were mentioned..... The socom/HK usp is the most iconic and is all I need.

Mantis has Alf in slot 1 still.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #144
jinkazama
Cobra Command

One thing F4F should consider in their revised version of this Solid Snake statue, is to make him thinner, as that's how he appeared in the first Metal Gear Solid game.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #145
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
I don't think there are much. The most of what I read on FB now is that they want a change to the "original" look of him. There no one mentioned a knife or a CQC pose by example. CQC was introduced in MGS3 with Naked Snake. It would just not fit if they'll add it here. It is one thing to mix modern with classic look that we can all discuss (although I would still prefer classic look in here) but to put an item to the statue that doesn't exist in the game?
That makes sense and I understand as well and agree with your point now.

What about my other points with having a different iconic base such as behind Corridor Doors or the Beginning scene of the game area with a camera placed somewhere. A poster of a sexy girl like in the games to give some details to the wall and to give it some color different then the many blues and greys.

His gun as well as part of his back is visible and not completely in cover of the wall.. I hope that can be changed for him to be more hidden as he pokes his head around the corner.

Also, a METAL COA card would add a special touch to the piece.. A Metal COA is easy to do and if a Video Game Collector edition such as, Sonic Mania can add one in a low priced item, then it can be added to this piece to display along side the statue.. Metal COA's look amazing and the ink looks amazing on a metallic print. THE COA can have detailed art work of maybe a snow flurry with the Snake Statue in the image as well as Sniper Wolf in the Distance taking shots at Snake. To the right would say the MGS name and number in the edition.

Those little bonuses that dont cost much at all to a company goes a far way to a collector when creativity is even given to the COA and Base. I definitely like the added snow to the base, but it still needs to be more iconic then the base shown at the moment.. The ammo box is cool, but a different scene like I mentioned it could be behind Corridor doors and have a camera trying to spot him.

Its a big base, so I feel more thought and detail should go into it in my opinion.. I feel its very vague, underwhelming and not much detail that will bring any memories from Metal Gear Scenery in the game.

A more iconic moment from the game should translate to the base besides an ammo box. The base feels too generic and by having an actual memorable scene from the game I feel would be better, making fans even happier.... The added snow is a nice touch, but the base still needs to be better.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:45 AM   #146
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
That makes sense and I understand as well and agree with your point now.

What about my other points with having a different iconic base such as behind Corridor Doors or the Beginning scene of the game area with a camera placed somewhere. A poster of a sexy girl like in the games to give some details to the wall and to give it some color different then the many blues and greys.

His gun as well as part of his back is visible and not completely in cover of the wall.. I hope that can be changed for him to be more hidden as he pokes his head around the corner.

Also, a METAL COA card would add a special touch to the piece.. A Metal COA is easy to do and if a Video Game Collector edition such as, Sonic Mania can add one in a low priced item, then it can be added to this piece to display along side the statue.. Metal COA's look amazing and the ink looks amazing on a metallic print. THE COA can have detailed art work of maybe a snow flurry with the Snake Statue in the image as well as Sniper Wolf in the Distance taking shots at Snake. To the right would say the MGS name and number in the edition.

Those little bonuses that dont cost much at all to a company goes a far way to a collector when creativity is even given to the COA and Base. I definitely like the added snow to the base, but it still needs to be more iconic then the base shown at the moment.. The ammo box is cool, but a different scene like I mentioned it could be behind Corridor doors and have a camera trying to spot him.

Its a big base, so I feel more thought and detail should go into it in my opinion.. I feel its very vague, underwhelming and not much detail that will bring any memories from Metal Gear Scenery in the game.

A more iconic moment from the game should translate to the base besides an ammo box. The base feels too generic and by having an actual memorable scene from the game I feel would be better, making fans even happier.... The added snow is a nice touch, but the base still needs to be better.
Of course here I'm with you. It would be definitely cool if there would be some more details to the base. Unfortunately I don't think they will add much more here, we'll have to see. I will still preo the ex, just cause I don't want to miss a statue from one of my most favourite games. I'm not sure if there will be ever a 1/4 Solid Snake from MGS.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:43 AM   #147
First4Figures
First 4 Figures
Producer

Cool ideas everyone. Sorry but no knife for this Snake. Perhaps in the future if the line does well and we do want the line to continue

@jinkazama - Read the product description again We have stated that every version apart from the regular will have the MGS inspired box as packaging. So basically, you get the styro foam, that goes into the colour box, then put into the mgs inspired box, then with sponge corners and finally into the brown shipper.

more info > there is also a poll in the club about the stealth camo version - either you want the original or the bright neon green
First4Figures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:45 AM   #148
iguana
Blue Falcon

Post from Alex on fb today... I'm very glad for this decision!

"Hey guys - so we've been hard at work finishing the Snake change proposal as highlighted in the Collector's Club and was about to submit it to the licensor. One thing I didn't realise until now, is that it's a holiday in the US on Monday (today). That means I can't get any confirmation from Konami on any changes until AFTER tomorrow's launch. I had hoped that I would have had confirmation on any changes before. The holiday has put a spanners in the works.

As a result, we will delay the launch until we know with confidence on whether the changes have been approved or rejected so that people can preorder with a clear understanding on what the final product would look like.

I would not want anyone ordering with the assumption that the changes will happen, only to find out that it wont be changed.

For your reference - things that we've looked into are: SOCOM gun, reduced muscle bulkiness on arms a little, paint scheme and hair.

Also, for the stealth camouflage version, we are now working on a neon green version as well and are looking into allowing you to choose the version you want yourself. Of course, this is also subject to Konami approval.

In the mean time, I will keep you guys informed the moment we have any news. I hope you can understand my decision and I appreciate your understanding. I apologise that there has been a lot of back and forth - your feedback needed to be listened to and tried our best to turn around as quick as possible. Thanks guys."
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #149
First4Figures
First 4 Figures
Producer

Thank you iguana for sharing the info out. Much appreciated. Hope this does not dampen everyones mood. We aint giving up after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
Post from Alex on fb today... I'm very glad for this decision!

"Hey guys - so we've been hard at work finishing the Snake change proposal as highlighted in the Collector's Club and was about to submit it to the licensor. One thing I didn't realise until now, is that it's a holiday in the US on Monday (today). That means I can't get any confirmation from Konami on any changes until AFTER tomorrow's launch. I had hoped that I would have had confirmation on any changes before. The holiday has put a spanners in the works.

As a result, we will delay the launch until we know with confidence on whether the changes have been approved or rejected so that people can preorder with a clear understanding on what the final product would look like.

I would not want anyone ordering with the assumption that the changes will happen, only to find out that it wont be changed.

For your reference - things that we've looked into are: SOCOM gun, reduced muscle bulkiness on arms a little, paint scheme and hair.

Also, for the stealth camouflage version, we are now working on a neon green version as well and are looking into allowing you to choose the version you want yourself. Of course, this is also subject to Konami approval.

In the mean time, I will keep you guys informed the moment we have any news. I hope you can understand my decision and I appreciate your understanding. I apologise that there has been a lot of back and forth - your feedback needed to be listened to and tried our best to turn around as quick as possible. Thanks guys."
First4Figures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #150
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

that's good news. I'm going to wait on confirmation to see if I order.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote