Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 04-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
koten
Loki

UFC 112

Everything leading up to the main event was fine... and then Anderson Silva shows up and craps on the whole thing.

I hope Dana White can find someone who can give Anderson a beating. Maybe Chael Sonnen can put him on his back and make him eat some elbows...
koten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

Why do people hate on Anderson.This guy dominates in the ring,and cause guys cant do anything to stop him people start to moan about his fighting style.If the opponent cant come in and beat him with punches or take him down,thats their fault.

So is that people just want Anderson to stand still so that people can beat on him or take him to the ground.Thats like telling Lebron James to not shot the ball so that the game can stay close.

I'm a fan of Anderson and I hope he changes weight class and goes and dominates there as well.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 AM   #3
koten
Loki

MMA is still a young, budding sport. For Anderson to do what he did at UFC 112 is absolutely disgraceful and hurts the sport immensely.

Poor sportsmanship is what I'm talking about: prancing around the ring and taunting his opponent? Verbally berating Maia and telling him to engage at the very same time he's backpedaling away from him? Clowning around and hiding behind Dan Miragliotta who actually shoves him back towards Maia so they can fight? He was simply acting like a complete moron, banging his fist against the canvas, making noise and weird faces while waving his hands around like a madman...

Why would he not attack if he clearly had a striking advantage over his opponent? Although he was the better fighter why was he the one to get a warning from the ref for running around?

Anderson ruined my viewing experience at UFC 90 then at 97 and now 112.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Showboating is not a sport. If Silva is so talented that he had time to mock & verbally provoke his opponent, then he should have been able to finish. Dana actually threw the belt at the feet of Silva's Manager & left before the fight was over.
Wasn't impressed with Hughes, either. Can we stop feeding him guys straight out of retirement, please?
Frankie Edgar looked great.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
Showboating is not a sport. If Silva is so talented that he had time to mock & verbally provoke his opponent, then he should have been able to finish. Dana actually threw the belt at the feet of Silva's Manager & left before the fight was over.
Wasn't impressed with Hughes, either. Can we stop feeding him guys straight out of retirement, please?
Frankie Edgar looked great.
i agree...absolutely hate silva.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:00 AM   #6
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koten View Post
MMA is still a young, budding sport. For Anderson to do what he did at UFC 112 is absolutely disgraceful and hurts the sport immensely.

Poor sportsmanship is what I'm talking about: prancing around the ring and taunting his opponent? Verbally berating Maia and telling him to engage at the very same time he's backpedaling away from him? Clowning around and hiding behind Dan Miragliotta who actually shoves him back towards Maia so they can fight? He was simply acting like a complete moron, banging his fist against the canvas, making noise and weird faces while waving his hands around like a madman...

Why would he not attack if he clearly had a striking advantage over his opponent? Although he was the better fighter why was he the one to get a warning from the ref for running around?

Anderson ruined my viewing experience at UFC 90 then at 97 and now 112.
i havent seen it yet but i agree about ufc 90 and 97

the guy is a jerkoff.... i wish he would fight gsp
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
koten
Loki

If this was pro-wrestling, Silva would be a natural born heel if I ever saw one. He rubs many fans the wrong way, imo.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Give him his wish and let him fight Lesnar.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

no kidding. what a dissapointment by silva! it was funny for about 25 seconds. i'm a silva fan but man his character in the ring blows chunks!

matt huges destroyed renzo's legs. brutal!
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Silva definately left a bad taste in my mouth, the judges F--ked up big time on the Penn and Edgar fight, Frankie was good and did way better than all of Penn's opponents, but didn't do enough to beat the Champ and at no time was BJ in trouble, there was 1 Judge who gave all 5 rounds to Edgar, I had it 3 rounds definate to BJ and 2 rounds possibly to Frankie Edgar, very dissapointing.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote