Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 06-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #571
Atheris
The Maxx

My new and most anticipated piece arrived today!

Amalgams 1:8 Lamborghini Aventador J

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #572
Atheris
The Maxx

Chris
Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #573
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

very cool. Never been into scale cars but the detail on these models are incredible
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #574
Sithlord32
New Republic

Niiiiice man! I have some 1:10 superbikes but have never removed them from their boxes. That Lambo is sick though nice score. 1 of 1 man....
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #575
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Whoa!!!!did you build that bro???or did it come assembled??Man that's sweet
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #576
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
very cool. Never been into scale cars but the detail on these models are incredible
Ya man, the detail on these have you staring for hours! Just incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Niiiiice man! I have some 1:10 superbikes but have never removed them from their boxes. That Lambo is sick though nice score. 1 of 1 man....
Thanks!

You gatta take them out of the boxes man, or else what's the point in having them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanchuck View Post
Whoa!!!!did you build that bro???or did it come assembled??Man that's sweet
Thanks bro!

These come assembled and take months to build. This was a custom order I had Amalgam do. They didn't want to make it when I first contacted them about it a couple years ago because Lamborghini only built 1 of the real car in the world, but with some persuasion and push from my supplier they made it. I got the first one made 1 of 199 (but will likely only make 10-20 of these models world wide).

They had the plaque say 01 of 01 because there's only 1 of the real car in existence. Kinda of a nod to its exclusivity

Here's my car on Amalgams site with all the info.

http://www.amalgamcollection.com/en/...6a511b69ebf7d&

Chris
Old 06-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #577
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Ya man, the detail on these have you staring for hours! Just incredible!

Thanks!

You gatta take them out of the boxes man, or else what's the point in having them?

Thanks bro!

These come assembled and take months to build. This was a custom order I had Amalgam do. They didn't want to make it when I first contacted them about it a couple years ago because Lamborghini only built 1 of the real car in the world, but with some persuasion and push from my supplier they made it. I got the first one made 1 of 199 (but will likely only make 10-20 of these models world wide).

They had the plaque say 01 of 01 because there's only 1 of the real car in existence. Kinda of a nod to its exclusivity

Chris
Thanks for all the info. I like the 1 of 1 idea in its presented sense that pretty cool and the carbon fiber base is bad a$$. That is some feat you accomplished there with that company. Having a custom made then having them turn around and make it available to others, prett radical.

Is that price tag similar to what it cost you for the initial custom?
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #578
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Thanks for all the info. I like the 1 of 1 idea in its presented sense that pretty cool and the carbon fiber base is bad a$$. That is some feat you accomplished there with that company. Having a custom made then having them turn around and make it available to others, prett radical.

Is that price tag similar to what it cost you for the initial custom?
Ya man, getting Amalgam to consider even making this car was a long an tedious task. They didn't think they would be able sell many of them since the real car wasn't a production car, it was just a one off. Plus they would need to get Lamborghini's permission to make it as well. Basically, the guy that owns Collector studio (Morry) who I buy my models from, is the biggest Amalgam dealer in the world. Last year alone he sold over 250 models. Amalgam need to sell at least 20 models of a particular car to make it worth their while. If this was a real one off model it would have cost me over 40k for this one car without Morry's help. Morry basically told Amalgam he would be able to push a good number of these for them to make it worth their time. Thus having them agree to make the car which cost me 7k instead of 40k

Amalgam always make the edition sizes for their cars 199, but in reality they never get near that number. On average only 30-40 ever get made. In the case of the Aventador J, it may not even hit the 20's I'm told.

The Veneno is next on my exclusive list

Chris
Old 06-24-2014, 12:57 AM   #579
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post

Thanks bro!

Chris
Well congrats bro that a hell of a story behind it and its one of the sickest collectibles I ever saw
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #580
ambasah
Red Skull

that is truly amazing. what a cool story for such a killer replica. congrats dude!
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote