Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-31-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
Juggernaut
The Falcon

koto suggestions

Have any of you e-mailed suggestions for new collectibles on starwars.com?

I wrote an e-mail to starwars.com if they would consider new Koto figures. I made a list I would buy if they ever got released.

Star Wars old trilogy

Grand Moff Tarkin
Greedo
Bossk
Obi- Wan Kenobi
C3P0
R2D2
Emperor Palpatine
and from the new Star Wars movie's Shaak-Ti and Darth Sidius.

They wrote back that they are always looking for new and interesting product ideas and they would pass on my suggetions onto their merchandising team for their review.

So I would ask every Star Wars Koto collecter out their to wright your suggetions for new Koto figures on starwars.com for these Star Wars characters above or other characters not listed here. Maybe if the demand is high enough, it just might happen. A Grand Moff Tarkin or a Greedo that would be totaly cool.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Star Wars.com doesn't make the figures they just sell them. Kotobukiya is the maker which are Japanese. I really don't think they'd listen to anyone though, even if they said they would. Just like when I wrote to Nike saying I think they're shoes are too expensive and they wrote back saying "ok". They already know what ppl want, and quite possibly they're going to make everyone we've thought about or hoped. But they could finish the license and move on. I do hope they make a Grievous before it ends though. I wouldn't be interested in an Emperor or the more boring characters like Tarkin and what not. I want more dynamic looking characters.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #3
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Not to be cruel but I think that George Lucas and starwars.com respects the fans more than Nike will ever do.

The difference is Lucas knows how much the Star wars universe means to people and will not dissapoint them. Ofcause they wont release a Greedo, Bossk or Shak-Ti just because I wrote to them.
It will be bacause of the fans.

Nike is a money machine. you complained about Nikes prices they wrote OK, they gave you the brush off. Because if you dont buy Nike somone else will.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
fat hobbitss
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well Mr Lucas or better Lucasfilm seems to be acting like Nike in my oppinion. They may have more polite ways, but do you think that Lucas cares about fans when more than 30.000 signed a petition for a dvd release of the OT with no futher addings... like he cared a damn. And about consumer care... I guess you know that on the Star Wars ANH dvd the back channels are reversed they knew it and said "oh, that's artistic license!" ... Come oonnn!

On other side, i don't think Koto or Attakus ever receive suggestions from Lucasfilm prior to developping... the toy companies have their own maketing dept and they decide what to do or what not... after that they sent the proto to Lucas for approval... if they do they go ahead.

My two cents
fat hobbitss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #5
Juggernaut
The Falcon

[QUOTE=fat hobbitss]Well Mr Lucas or better Lucasfilm seems to be acting like Nike in my oppinion. They may have more polite ways, but do you think that Lucas cares about fans when more than 30.000 signed a petition for a dvd release of the OT with no futher addings... like he cared a damn. And about consumer care... I guess you know that on the Star Wars ANH dvd the back channels are reversed they knew it and said "oh, that's artistic license!" ... Come oonnn!

I did not buy the Star Wars box set. Because it was a very unfinished product. No deleted scenes. Original Star Wars movies was not in the DVD set either. Thats why I didnt buy it. I did not know the back channels were revesed and I actualy dont know what that means? You are right Lucas does not care all the time.

The Alien DVD box set has both versions original and directors cut. Lucas should have done the same with his DVD set.

I dont know if this is true or not, but he will release a 7disc set with all the movies including bonus material that was not included in the first Star Wars DVD box. Maybe he will give the fans the original movies in the new DVD set.