Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #5821
SONICobra
Batman

hey alex any chance of sideshow making a "how to be a poser" video for the kylo ren pf? the amount of fabric on that piece is a bit daunting and the way it looks out of the box is obviously not ideal... plus this particular fabric has a rubberized pattern that makes it a little more difficult to shape. i have some ideas how to work it but would like to see how a pro would approach it. thanks!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #5822
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Hi Alex.

Redundant Q but, Do you think a Frank Miller Bats PF is way overdue? Im pretty confident I speak for all Bat fans that he is.
We cant imagine he isnt in the pipeline somewhere, so IF he is, can you get the powers that be to release a teaser of any kind?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #5823
chrisdeeds
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hello Alex,

Can you please let us know why Sideshow added $50 above the posted price on the Prime 1 Mr Freeze? Was this a mistake or something that will continue to happen in the future?

Thank you for all you do for us!!!
chrisdeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:38 PM   #5824
saintproduction
Birdman

Hi Alex, Any idea if we would ever get a Spiderman homecoming PF or a 1:4 statue?
saintproduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #5825
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Alex,

Is there a release slate for that new gambit premium format?
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #5826
Acolyte
Birdman

Hi Alex, how are you?

I have a question regarding the Evil-Lyn statue from the Masters of the Universe line:

Some fans aren´t too happy with her leaning forward. It does look a little off to them. This wasn´t the case with the prototype, so I would like to know: Was this change made on purpose or did it happen by accident during the production? The pose itself wasn´t changed, only the way the figure stands on the base.

Nevertheless I think it´s a great statue and I keep my fingers crossed that there will be more to come.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #5827
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Alex,

Whaaaaa??
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:37 AM   #5828
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Hi Alex,

Thanks for all your replies.

Any chance we will see a Gladiator Hulk Maquette from the Thor: Ragnarok movie? He would be epic!

Thanks
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #5829
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Alex,

Huh??
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #5830
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Are there plans for more comic version Marvel life size busts after Hulk?
I know more Marvel Life-Size are slated for the future but I don't know what characters or if they'll be comic or movie based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Hi Alex,

A lot of folks are having sticker shock over Prime 1 Studio's Mr Freeze costing $1,400. It would be a big help if Sideshow increased the number of months we have to pay off something this expensive. For example, Killer Croc has seven monthly payments. If this increased to 14 monthly payments, it would cut the monthly amount by 50%, making it affordable for more folks. There are a lot of us who already have 5-6 Prime 1 statues on PO and this is killing our wallets. Also, these statues take at least 1.5 years to ship, so the timing works out well. Can SS do this for us?
The max number of payments we'll offer for almost all products is 8 but it's all dependent on price point and if it's In-Stock or on Pre-Order. Mr. Freeze, for example, was given a max FLEXPay schedule of 8 payments. The only product that will surprise the 8 payment threshold are Life-Size. They get a 10 payment schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Well, that's what a FB rep told me anyway - Zatanna is coming.
Which FB rep told you that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Monster View Post
Thanks Alex!

Now since you mentioned Thanos regular has removable parts especially the headsculpt; How is Sideshow going to prevent anyone from recasting the exclusive headsculpt, and protecting the collectors $1200 exclusive purchase, from anyone that wants to recast the exclusive portrait, and sell them to people who purchased the regular edition?
Recast auctions/sellers can always be passed along to us directly and we'll try our best to take care of it. eBay auctions of recasts, etc. are taken down everyday due to reports that we receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post
Hi Alex,

What will the Iron Giant maquette be made of? I didn't see it mentioned in the description unless I missed it. Will it be all poly or will there be elements of PVC mixed in? Thanks for your time.
Sorry, but it's a little too early for me to have a firm confirmation of all the materials of this piece right at this time as it's still going through the manufacturing process. I'll be relayed that information as we get closer to the ship time frame of this item (which currently looks like it's estimated to be between Oct - Dec of this year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hey alex any chance of sideshow making a "how to be a poser" video for the kylo ren pf? the amount of fabric on that piece is a bit daunting and the way it looks out of the box is obviously not ideal... plus this particular fabric has a rubberized pattern that makes it a little more difficult to shape. i have some ideas how to work it but would like to see how a pro would approach it. thanks!
Great idea! I'm going to bring that up to the appropriate parties for consideration for the near future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Hi Alex.

Redundant Q but, Do you think a Frank Miller Bats PF is way overdue? Im pretty confident I speak for all Bat fans that he is.
We cant imagine he isnt in the pipeline somewhere, so IF he is, can you get the powers that be to release a teaser of any kind?
I think there are fans that would love to have such a piece for this collection for sure! But I honestly do not know whether one is in the works or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdeeds View Post
Hello Alex,

Can you please let us know why Sideshow added $50 above the posted price on the Prime 1 Mr Freeze? Was this a mistake or something that will continue to happen in the future?

Thank you for all you do for us!!!
SRP posted by a maker and a distributor can differ due to costs that end up being incurred by the distributor to import the item into their region(s). So price differences are always a possibility for any product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintproduction View Post
Hi Alex, Any idea if we would ever get a Spiderman homecoming PF or a 1:4 statue?
There are no plans for a movie Spider-Man PF at this time.

Quote:
Alex,

No Gambit Premium Format Figure any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Hi Alex, how are you?

I have a question regarding the Evil-Lyn statue from the Masters of the Universe line:

Some fans aren´t too happy with her leaning forward. It does look a little off to them. This wasn´t the case with the prototype, so I would like to know: Was this change made on purpose or did it happen by accident during the production? The pose itself wasn´t changed, only the way the figure stands on the base.

Nevertheless I think it´s a great statue and I keep my fingers crossed that there will be more to come.
Some pieces do look like they ended up with a slight lean in the final production (based on photos I've seen) and though that wasn't done on purpose there can be differences that occur in the manufacturing process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
Hi Alex,

Thanks for all your replies.

Any chance we will see a Gladiator Hulk Maquette from the Thor: Ragnarok movie? He would be epic!

Thanks
I really don't know but I'd LOVE to see one frankly! He looked so good in that trailer!
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote