Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-27-2021, 09:03 PM   #1711
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Best JP piece yet !!!
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:06 PM   #1712
Dundee
Hydra

Looks pretty nice to me, looks alive!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:41 AM   #1713
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
It's junk.

Yeah, whatever.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:28 AM   #1714
qz33
Doctor Doom

No denying it looks awesome but he may be referring more to it's inaccuracies coupled with unlicensed versions from which it was copied being available for nearly the same price and faster with options and maybe the same quality too and at the very least not a mass produced item.

His appraisal may yet also simply be of the entire debacle and broken commitments that has been Chronicle since nearly it's inception.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:58 AM   #1715
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No denying it looks awesome but he may be referring more to it's inaccuracies coupled with unlicensed versions from which it was copied being available for nearly the same price and faster with options and maybe the same quality too and at the very least not a mass produced item.
That's completely wrong. This bust as the Lost world one were pulled from a fiberglass full body from SWS, on the very SWS site. There are pictures of this on the early pages of this thread.

You cannot go more accurate than that.

I believe he's referring to his own envy for not being able to get one at the time, then trow crap about the piece. How many times we have seen that behaviour in the forums.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:06 PM   #1716
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
It's always nice to have a fallback, however compared to the official CC one the pieces you are mentioning:

- Don't feature acrylic eyes cast from SWS originals.

- Are less detailed in their sculpt.

- Are totally inaccurate in their paint job, and often come with an awful gloss finish.

- Are made of foam.

- Are less displayable and way worse looking overall due to the absence of the classic-style CC base, and if you ask for one what you'll be given is kitsch/cheap looking.

- Feature a very visible pipe inside the mouth.

- Are not part of a limited run, therefore way less valuable.

- Cost more than what this piece was originally.

- Are not licensed.

Personally i'd never choose one of these over the official one, and probably never buy one of them full stop.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:51 PM   #1717
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah I don't know enough of the Raptors or the history of these casts to make any determination just going by the discussions in this thread through the years.

I personally own Chronicle's bought direct from them. I think it is quite nice and it amazed when I opened it. I've seen video of the unlicensed ones. I don't notice a lot of difference but still prefer the official CC one.
I did become interested in Chronicle's on the premise that a set of 4 would be made

Just offering possible explanations for his appraisal. If someone wants to call something I own junk I'll never argue. I've referred to my entire collection as junk and may I never forget that all these things are mass produced cheap Chinese knick-knacks no matter how much I love looking at them. It's all about keeping things in perspective.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #1718
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Just offering possible explanations for his appraisal.
Trolling is not making an appraisal, is that, just trolling.

Quote:
I never forget that all these things are mass produced cheap Chinese knick-knacks
I wouldn't call it that way in this case.

This one was made in the best Toynami factory (a.k.a ECC) that's why it came out so incredibly good. That is the key to the mistery. Other Chronicle pieces obviously don't.

They managed to equal the screen paintjob which is something unprecedented for a mass produced piece.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:40 PM   #1719
qz33
Doctor Doom

He may have also been referring to the asking prices.

But again his comment doesn't bother me because I can see the Raptor bust from both perspectives.

Really do wish the bust had that fierce expression.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:40 PM   #1720
qz33
Doctor Doom

Duh