Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-19-2019, 10:51 PM   #3211
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Damn that's sweet! I want the one in my collection for sure too. I just need to get a couple of other pre-orders paid off first lol
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:19 AM   #3212
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I agree on newer releases I’ve noticed the vintage SS pieces go for some serious money . Even statues nobody cared for are now sought after . I’ve been after the old Hobgoblin EX and nothing . When I do see them they are north of 1K Canadian . Maybe nostalgia is playing a role there ?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:47 AM   #3213
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I agree on newer releases I’ve noticed the vintage SS pieces go for some serious money . Even statues nobody cared for are now sought after . I’ve been after the old Hobgoblin EX and nothing . When I do see them they are north of 1K Canadian . Maybe nostalgia is playing a role there ?
On the vintage stuff it can go either way, if it was a solid sculpt of a rare character that nobody is doing then yeah the price can stay really high... But if it's a statue of say Batman that every company keeps making more of then the older statues of Batman can plummet in value... You can buy the original SS Batman PF pretty cheap even the EX version...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:49 PM   #3214
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Older Marvel stuff

Hulk Spidey dio
Hulk PF OG
Spiderman com OG
Silver surfer
Colossus sentinel dio
Thing OG
She Hulk EX OG
Man thing

To name a few big money pieces . I don’t follow DC as closely as I’m a marvel guy
Old 12-21-2019, 02:00 AM   #3215
Biggunz
Loki

Maybe people should realize what goes up must come down. Higher prices should justify higher resale value.

The argument that you buy what you like and shouldn’t be thinking about resale value is unjust and weak minded. Sweet sounds to a companies ears!!!! Especially in the instance were you can loose hundreds of dollars. Indeed it may be true if you have a lot of disposable cash but that is a dishonor to your fellow consumers. You are the market. You make the market. You decide. Companies don’t decide. You keep them in business!!!

if a guarantee to take a loss on 99% of statues is the fact it is common sense and to ones benefit as an individual to not buy that statue accordingly. For gosh sakes I can get a positive return on a jakks pacific. Moreover, it goes to show people who have Cash and careers aren’t really that bright. GOD BlESS AMERICA lol

I leave you with this....... my fellow soldiers and ........my fellow stooges. Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country. STRENGTH AND HONOR
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #3216
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Maybe people should realize what goes up must come down. Higher prices should justify higher resale value.

The argument that you buy what you like and shouldn’t be thinking about resale value is unjust and weak minded. Sweet sounds to a companies ears!!!! Especially in the instance were you can loose hundreds of dollars. Indeed it may be true if you have a lot of disposable cash but that is a dishonor to your fellow consumers. You are the market. You make the market. You decide. Companies don’t decide. You keep them in business!!!

if a guarantee to take a loss on 99% of statues is the fact it is common sense and to ones benefit as an individual to not buy that statue accordingly. For gosh sakes I can get a positive return on a jakks pacific. Moreover, it goes to show people who have Cash and careers aren’t really that bright. GOD BlESS AMERICA lol

I leave you with this....... my fellow soldiers and ........my fellow stooges. Ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country. STRENGTH AND HONOR
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #3217
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

More like he chose (and constantly chooses) stupidity. God I wish you all would stop quoting/responding to him so I didn't have to see his messages at all. He's quite easily the dumbest person on this board and I look forward to the day when he finally says something that gets him banned. It's inevitable.

"The argument that you buy what you like and shouldn’t be thinking about resale value is unjust and weak minded. Sweet sounds to a companies ears!!!! Especially in the instance were you can loose hundreds of dollars. Indeed it may be true if you have a lot of disposable cash but that is a dishonor to your fellow consumers. You are the market. You make the market. You decide. Companies don’t decide. You keep them in business!!!"

There's so much stupidity in that paragraph I don't even know where to start. And it's really just a waste of time as someone with his level of "intelligence" will never get it. Just a complete waste of oxygen.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #3218
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Lmao
Old 12-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #3219
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
More like he chose (and constantly chooses) stupidity. God I wish you all would stop quoting/responding to him so I didn't have to see his messages at all. He's quite easily the dumbest person on this board and I look forward to the day when he finally says something that gets him banned. It's inevitable.

"The argument that you buy what you like and shouldn’t be thinking about resale value is unjust and weak minded. Sweet sounds to a companies ears!!!! Especially in the instance were you can loose hundreds of dollars. Indeed it may be true if you have a lot of disposable cash but that is a dishonor to your fellow consumers. You are the market. You make the market. You decide. Companies don’t decide. You keep them in business!!!"

There's so much stupidity in that paragraph I don't even know where to start. And it's really just a waste of time as someone with his level of "intelligence" will never get it. Just a complete waste of oxygen.
Or you guys are just in denial and acting like spoiled kids....
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:19 AM   #3220
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Or you guys are just in denial and acting like spoiled kids....
So, to you:

Enjoying a hobby without acting miserable = in denial

An adult who spends their earned money on items that they want = spoiled kid

Am I close?
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote