Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-19-2023, 09:33 AM   #11
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Loki Season 2 and Guardians Vol 3 were the only high spots since Endgame. I would like to hope it will get better but they keep proving me wrong. I have zero confidence in the MCU with the current leadership at Disney running the show. Not sure how many big budget movies they need to sink like a rock at the theaters for them to finally take notice they are producing sub par movies.....but apparently it takes a lot.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 09:50 AM   #12
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Yup. Surfer is rumored to now be a female and lesbian. Kathleen is out in full force on this one.
if thats the case the marvels will be just the first of many marvel movies i skip altogether
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 10:38 AM   #13
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Loki Season 2 and Guardians Vol 3 were the only high spots since Endgame. I would like to hope it will get better but they keep proving me wrong. I have zero confidence in the MCU with the current leadership at Disney running the show. Not sure how many big budget movies they need to sink like a rock at the theaters for them to finally take notice they are producing sub par movies.....but apparently it takes a lot.
Yup, apparently shoving the message down everyone's throats constantly is much more important than making good quality entertainment that makes money.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:22 AM   #14
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I mostly agree. GotG and Loki had actual passion and creative vision behind them.

"No Way Home" is my favorite Spider-Man movie and the box office for that was massive.

I still like "Hawkeye" with the Clint and Kate dynamic.

Over all, they really should slow down big time to collect themselves. Secret Invasion was one of the worst shows I've seen in years, and that's coming from type of person who eats this stuff up.

There's no real sense of direction or momentum. Are the Eternals, Shang-Chi, and Moon Knight just going to be forgotten? Loki feels like a completely different track than Ant Man despite Kang being in both. Now we have this off screen mess so it might all be scrapped leaving this phase as a huge dead end.

Looking ahead, I'm not really sure what there is to be excited about from Marvel and I'm glad DC will have a rest period after a string of movies (Shazam 2, Black Adam, Flash, Blue Beetle) I didn't enjoy.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 12:03 PM   #15
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
And Spider-Man: No Way Home.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 12:17 PM   #16
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I do agree Spider-Man: No Way Home was excellent.....but it's Sony, not a Disney product. If Disney had the controlling interest in that movie I wonder how well it would have done with their current track record.
Old 12-19-2023, 03:59 PM   #17
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Recast Kang?

Kill him off screen?

Just ignore he ever existed?
I would prefer we just ignore him all together. As I have said on social media, Kang is a boring villain. I don't understand his motives. I don't understand why he is to be feared. He just seems like a petulant child who wants to rule because he can. Lame.

Thanos' motivation I understood and the he carried himself with power, brains, and attitude. High Evolutionary I understood and he was pure evil. Kang is so blah.

Social media reminds me that comics Kang isn't weak. Whelp, we only have MCU Kang and he sucks rocks. Move on. He's beyond pointless and dull.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:32 PM   #18
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Disney have simply overextended themselves.

It's just incredibly hard to drive two franchises into the ground simultaneously. But by God, give them enough time and money, and they'll do it!

ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:33 PM   #19
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Disney have simply overextended themselves.

It's just incredibly hard to drive two franchises into the ground simultaneously. But by God, give them enough time and money, and they'll do it!

Star Wars, Marvel and to some extent Indiana Jones.....they are 3 for 3 so far.
Old 12-19-2023, 04:36 PM   #20
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Marvel.....they are 3 for 3 so far.
My bad! They're even better at it than I thought!

(I hadn't seen Indy yet, but it is only one film. Crystal Skull wasn't done by Disney, was it?)
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote