Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-19-2023, 04:39 PM   #21
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Crystal Skull wasn't done by Disney, was it?
Nope, Crystal Skull was 2008 and Disney didn't buy Lucasfilm until 2012
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:44 PM   #22
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
My bad! They're even better at it than I thought!

(I hadn't seen Indy yet, but it is only one film. Crystal Skull wasn't done by Disney, was it?)
No, Disney has only had done the latest one. But Kathleen Kennedy had a hand in Crystal Skull as well.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:47 PM   #23
Augen
Metal Men

I thought He Who Remains was interesting. The idea of knowing you are so potentially dangerous that a singular timeline was required to remove the possibility of your other selves destroying everything.

In Ant Man though, Kang wasn't nearly as layered to me.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:49 PM   #24
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Star Wars, Marvel and to some extent Indiana Jones.....they are 3 for 3 so far.
I've enjoyed Mandalorian, Ahsoka, and Andor (+ Rogue 1). Also that last season of Clone Wars.

It's been a mixed bag and I do hope Star Wars can return to the big screen someday triumphantly. They keep cancelling or shelving stuff so who knows when that'll be.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:54 PM   #25
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I've enjoyed Mandalorian, Ahsoka, and Andor (+ Rogue 1). Also that last season of Clone Wars.

It's been a mixed bag and I do hope Star Wars can return to the big screen someday triumphantly. They keep cancelling or shelving stuff so who knows when that'll be.

As with Marvel, not all the Star Wars has been bad, IMHO.....just overall in the broad scope of things.

Obi and Boba Fett fell flat, other than the Luke and Mandalorian episodes, all the movies other than Rogue One were majorly MEH!

Even the latest Indian Jones had a few moments but overall it was not very good in most parts.

Marvel and Star Wars are not completely unwatchable (YET) but they could be a helluva lot better than they are overall.

I do not see Disney course correcting anytime soon either. Like I said before it seems they need to run their corporation into the ground on top of everything else before they admit they have made mistakes. It is always someone else's fault....usually the long time fans.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:40 PM   #26
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Disney have simply overextended themselves.

It's just incredibly hard to drive two franchises into the ground simultaneously. But by God, give them enough time and money, and they'll do it!

Oh, they already have. I'm even no longer excited to see the X-Men in the MCU. They're going to ruin them too.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:43 PM   #27
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I do not see Disney course correcting anytime soon either.
I think they already are, because money talks, and with the very poor box office from recent films (Quantumania, The Marvels, etc.) and lackluster ratings and reception to many MCU and Star Wars Disney+ series, changes are surely being made. Dave Filoni just being named Lucasfilm Chief Creative Officer is one recent change. Even Bob Iger has been fairly candid about the mistakes Disney has made in recent years (oversaturation of content, lack of quality). Now whether the changes improve things in any significant way, who knows.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:53 PM   #28
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh, they already have. I'm even no longer excited to see the X-Men in the MCU. They're going to ruin them too.
You know, I click on articles that mention X-men in the MCU, and of course I have been interested in the prospect...but I have to agree. It's a realization just now that you've put into words: I'm interested to see, but not exactly looking forward to it.

Regarding the MCU overall, I haven't watched the last four movies and last two shows. They're in my queue...but I just haven't been compelled to watch.

I've always watched everything in order, and I want to see Loki S2, so that's the only thing that may get me to finally catch up.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:59 PM   #29
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I've always watched everything in order, and I want to see Loki S2, so that's the only thing that may get me to finally catch up.
Same, I've seen everything, for better or worse, except Loki Season 2. The next time a Star Wars show hits (probably Bad Batch Season 3) I'll fire up D+ again and catch it then.
Old 12-20-2023, 01:09 AM   #30
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I do agree Spider-Man: No Way Home was excellent.....but it's Sony, not a Disney product. If Disney had the controlling interest in that movie I wonder how well it would have done with their current track record.
True, it was produced by SONY but, it?s still the MCU Spider-Man (with Dr. Strange and a reference to Tony Stark/Iron Man) so I believe it?s still part of the MCU canon.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote