Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
monsterfan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The Future of Cinemaquette

I'm a new member who wants to first say hello (HELLO!) and secondly thank everyone for turning me onto Cinemaquette figures. Because of all the positive posts I've read here about this incredible line I have decided to buy my first figure (T850) Thanks everyone!

Here is my first question... What is the future of this line? I'm excited about Jack Sparrow and Indiana Jones releases but I'm disappointed by the announcement of the Godfather. No offence to all who might be Godfather fans but I just can't see a $1500 Cinemaquette of this character being a success? It just does not fit in with what the company has already produced and announced. Would not something that appeals to a broader audience be a better choice? With all the great characters out there based on scifi/fantasy/adventure films why take a chance with the Godfather?

Maybe I'm wrong but I have a fear that all it is going to take is one or two "bombs" to kill this incredible line.

What does everyone think? Are collectors lining up to get their hands on a Godfather figure? Do you think say a Darth Vader would be a better seller and promoter of/for this line?
monsterfan is offline   Reply With Quote