Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 11-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Stepdad Beat to Death 'Baby Grace' for Not Saying 'Please,' 'Yes, Sir'

this is probably one of the saddest things i have read in a while. do not read it if you dont want to be upset

HOUSTON — The stepfather of a 2-year-old girl lost control and beat her to death because she wouldn't say "please" and "yes sir," an attorney for the girl's mother said Wednesday.

A body found last month in Galveston Bay is believed to be that of the little girl, Riley Ann Sawyers, though DNA tests are pending. Her mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, and stepfather, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, were arrested Saturday.

According to court documents, Trenor, 19, told police she and her husband killed the girl in July and hid her body in a shed before dumping it in the bay.

Trenor's attorney, Tommy Stickler Jr., said Zeigler, 24, was overwhelmed by his sudden fatherhood and didn't know what behavior to expect from a toddler. Trenor moved with her daughter from Mentor, Ohio, to Texas in June to be with Zeigler, whom she met online.

Zeigler wanted his wife to spank Riley with a belt when she failed to say things like "please" and "yes sir" or "no sir," Stickler said Wednesday. Zeigler didn't believe Trenor was doing it, however, because the 2-year-old's behavior wasn't changing.

The fatal beating happened after Zeigler stayed home from work to make sure his wife was following his discipline plan, Stickler said.

Although the affidavit said the couple abused Riley over a four- to six-hour period, Stickler said it wasn't a continuous event. Instead, Zeigler grew increasingly enraged as he spanked Riley and she kept forgetting to do things the way he wanted.

"There was never an intention to beat Riley to death," he said.

At one point, Trenor wanted to call an ambulance but Zeigler wouldn't let her, saying they would both be arrested if officials saw her injuries, Stickler said. Instead, Riley was given some over-the-counter pain medication.

When Riley later stopped breathing, Zeigler performed CPR on her tiny body, Stickler said.

Neal Davis III, Zeigler's attorney, said Trenor's story isn't believable.

"She is placing all the blame on Royce, but I think that once the facts come to light, once the timeline's established and the evidence is combed through ... I think her credibility is gonna become a big issue," Davis said.

Trenor and Ziegler were arrested after investigators spent weeks trying to identify the girl they dubbed "Baby Grace," whose body was found in a plastic box floating in Galveston Bay. Riley's paternal grandmother in Ohio had called police, thinking a sketch of the dead child might have been the granddaughter she hadn't seen in months.

Trenor and Zeigler remained jailed Wednesday on charges of injury to a child and tampering with evidence. Bail was set at $350,000 each.

Stickler also said Wednesday that Trenor is pregnant.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

there really needs to be a hell for these kind of people. a special kind of hell that has suffering that isnt even imaginable by the human brain
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
there really needs to be a hell for these kind of people. a special kind of hell that has suffering that isnt even imaginable by the human brain
Agreed! Here in Hell Paso, about a week ago, some sick, young mother's boyfriend, beat the crap out of a three year old and shoved the body in the trunk of a car where the toddler later died. Just give me 2 minutes with that punk and 10ft piece of 2 gauge speaker wire, and I'll make him go through some pain! I hate people who take things out on kids....especially defenseless little kids....its the only thing the news can air that always makes me cry...
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
Makkari1
Cyclops

Being a father of 4 kids with 3 daughters I can't imgine what would go through a persons mind that would lead them to do this? Jail is too nice for these two and in prison there is a unsponken rule for those who beat and kill kids, "the others will get you in there". I wonder how the mother feels about "Online" dating now? She sure knows how to pick the good ones. This is a perfect example of why you never leave all you know for someone "Online", duh.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I knew I shouldn't have read this.
To me, there is no greater sin than harming a child.
Where I live a 16 year old boy was watching his 3 year old sister. She wet herself and the boy was angry then he beat her with a belt.
When he beat her to the point she started throwing up...he got even more angy and beat her to death with a broom.
Peolpe often do despicable things, but I can't think of anything more treacherous than hurting a chilld.
I'd love to find these people and put an end to their miserable existence, real slow like.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
moon_knight1971
Rescue

This is that stuff most of us turn a blind eye to. Just look at the response you've gotten ever since you've posted this thread....4 responses. This nation needs a proper ass whupping to make people start caring again. I'm sure if this thread had been about a pet dog or something it would've gotten much more response. Freaking sad
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

sad to say but if this was about somebody beating a dog to death your right it would've gotten more attention, not only from people on a message board but from the country in general.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
patrickwm68
The Flash

The real father and Grandmother were on Larry King last night. The little girl was so cute. Even if the mother had nothing to do with it how could she stick by the man who killed her daughter?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
tigertank1225
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
well i read this, and yeah i got mad. there's really no helping people like this. as far as i am concerned this is what they should do to people like this.

i am not trying to be funny either.
tigertank1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:46 AM   #10
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

Words fail me.

There are days when I firmly believe that I'm on one of the various rings of hell watching evil unfold at every turn.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote