Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

spears parenting book cancelled

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Christian publisher said on Wednesday it has called off a parenting book written by Lynne Spears -- the mother of troubled pop star Britney Spears and her pregnant 16-year-old sister, Jamie Lynn.

"We have postponed the book indefinitely," said Lindsey Nobles, spokeswoman for Tennessee-based Thomas Nelson.

Nobles did not give a reason for the decision, which followed news on Tuesday that Jamie Lynn Spears was three months pregnant.

Spears said she met Aldridge, the son of a Tennessee papermill worker, at church.

News of the pregnancy came after a disastrous year for Britney Spears and dominated U.S. talk shows on Wednesday. The OK! Magazine Web site (www.ok-magazine.com) crashed under the volume of traffic. Lynne Spears said in the article she was shocked when her younger daughter told her she was pregnant, saying Jamie Lynn was "always conscientious" and never violated curfew.

The working title for the book was "Pop Culture Mom: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World." Described by the publisher as "a parenting book that's going to have faith elements to it," it had been set for publication on Mother's Day in May 2008.

"We understand that Lynne needs to spend time with her family now," Nobles said. It was unclear whether OK! paid Jamie Lynn or her mother for the pregnancy exclusive. The magazine did not return calls for comment, but celebrity Web site TMZ.com said the teenage mom would get $1 million from OK! for a photo shoot when her baby is born. Britney Spears, 26, now undergoing parenting training and random drug and alcohol testing as part of a bitter custody dispute over her own two young sons, was asked by paparazzi to comment late on Tuesday. "My sister's not pregnant," she replied curtly. Nickelodeon said "Zoey 101" had already wrapped up production on its fourth and final season. The cable network said, "We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation." (Editing by Xavier Briand)
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Makkari1
Cyclops

What a lovely family to be assoicated with. Shinning examples of what people should not do. Perhaps their purpose in life is to be an example to others of what not to do.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

one daughter drug addicted and lost custody of her kids and the other pregnant at 16. i would love to read this book.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

it would have sold well under the Comedy/Funny Book section.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

If this book ever was to come out, they should release it on a future April 1st.

What has befallen her daughters is anything but "funny", but come on...stupidity (not "bad luck", STUPIDITY) runs rampant in her family. This book being cancelled by a Christian publisher.. haha.. well.. no SH!T it should be cancelled. Irregardless, the mother herself was selfish (or greedy, or both) for trying to cash in on her daughters.

Edit: I was writing this as you were writing yours, Daredevil.. my "funny" comment wasn't in relation to what you said.. I whole-heartedly agree with you.. haha.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #6
Makkari1
Cyclops

I feel so much family love here.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
one daughter drug addicted and lost custody of her kids and the other pregnant at 16. i would love to read this book.
me too
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
it would have sold well under the Comedy/Funny Book section.

spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #9
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

obviously...she can't parent worth a lick
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #10
Makkari1
Cyclops

So far 0 for 2.