Old 01-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #21
ratchet
Mandarin

omg! That's a beaut! Congrats!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #22
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Good lord, what a treasure! Congratulations, Bill!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:47 AM   #23
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Thanks, mate. I was really interested in this cover and you spared me the agony of trying to pay for it! It's a real beauty. Congrats!
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #24
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Great pickup bill. If not for long layaways, I couldn't acquire some of my prized pieces. its great that we have generous sellers in our hobby
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #25
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Wow, that´s awesome!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
Underdog07
Hercules

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Getting an Invaders cover was on my short list of wants. I passed on several other covers as they either were over-priced or not very dramatic. Getting one with Baron Blood (as well as the core Invaders) was just something I could not pass up a second time (especially since it was at a lower price). The only thing missing from the cover is Union Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
I really dislike you right about now..................
better that I have it then a delaer -- there are currently 5 or 6 Invaders covers in dealers possessions that are outrageously priced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Now this is how you end a year. I've never seen this cover (before my time ) but it is stunning. Congrats Bill!
I'm not that old! PM me if you want me to send you the Invaders trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikins View Post
Great stuff!
Man, I hate Nazi vampires!!!

I would love to have a Robbins' Invaders or Captain America page, but I've never found one that I deemed "must have"...
Plus, they gotten expensive over the past 10 years! Damn collectors!
A handful of pages have come up recenlty, but I agree there is nothing that struck me as spectacular/must have. Check out the Baron Blood pages on my CAF -- I got those direct from a collector last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Thanks, mate. I was really interested in this cover and you spared me the agony of trying to pay for it! It's a real beauty. Congrats!
Albert mentioned someone else was interested in the cover, apparently I beat you by an hour or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking007 View Post
Great pickup bill. If not for long layaways, I couldn't acquire some of my prized pieces. its great that we have generous sellers in our hobby
Yeah, the time payment was nice. I could have paid for it all at once, but that would have really upset my wife. It was odd knowing that my monthly "spending" money had already been spent
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #27
snappahead
Producer
Producer

No, I hadn't contacted Albert yet, but I was on the edge so to speak. I was starting to think hard about ways to do a trade/cash deal with him for it.Once it was gone, I could just walk away without thinking about it anymore LOL. It's a great Invaders cover and a great Cockrum/Sinnott cover.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #28
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
No, I hadn't contacted Albert yet, but I was on the edge so to speak. I was starting to think hard about ways to do a trade/cash deal with him for it.Once it was gone, I could just walk away without thinking about it anymore LOL. It's a great Invaders cover and a great Cockrum/Sinnott cover.

Hmmm, I wonder who I beat to the punch? I am sure M. Finn would want the cover since he has the entire issue.

Albert had a typo on his listing Invaiders instead of Invaders so it did not come up on any CAF searches which may have helped me get it.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #29
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Hmmm, I wonder who I beat to the punch? I am sure M. Finn would want the cover since he has the entire issue.

Albert had a typo on his listing Invaiders instead of Invaders so it did not come up on any CAF searches which may have helped me get it.
I noticed the typo too. Well, whoever you beat out, it's yours now I'm green with jealous rage.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #30
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

One of my all time favorite reads as a kid. The Invaders were awesome. Great cover and well worth the wait.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote