Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #9701
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjay715 View Post
Yeah I just received mine Saturday. Such an amazing piece. First time buying directly from them I usually got my pieces through local or sideshow. Mine has little cracks on the back symbol. I called them, No replacement no type of refund. Just send it back they said. I'm assuming they don't really care cause someone will take this hot item in a heartbeat. I'm not nitpicky person but for over $700 it better be a nearly perfecrr statue. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong. Not even in the slightest. If the 1/3 line were offered through sideshow like some of the 1/4 lines, I would have bought it in a heart beat from them. As much as Sideshow grinds my bones sometimes...the customer service and policy is unparalleled. And they have the financial ability to fix the problems by doing a recall. The points aren't bad either.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:27 PM   #9702
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

So no painter has a solution to this problem or pcs. Has to be a way to fix this. Yes I know you shouldn't have to so please don't comment about that. Is there a solution to this that's been tested? I know Vince vell said he had to see it in hand but other then that nothing?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #9703
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Yeah I just received mine Saturday. Such an amazing piece. First time buying directly from them I usually got my pieces through local or sideshow. Mine has little cracks on the back symbol. I called them, No replacement no type of refund. Just send it back they said. I'm assuming they don't really care cause someone will take this hot item in a heartbeat. I'm not nitpicky person but for over $700 it better be a nearly perfecrr statue. Am I wrong?
dang, that's REALLY bad : (
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:29 PM   #9704
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post

You are not wrong. Not even in the slightest. If the 1/3 line were offered through sideshow like some of the 1/4 lines, I would have bought it in a heart beat from them. As much as Sideshow grinds my bones sometimes...the customer service and policy is unparalleled. And they have the financial ability to fix the problems by doing a recall. The points aren't bad either.
Man Sideshow cs would be exactly what this piece needs...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 AM   #9705
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Got my shin today finally! Got hit with stupid duties ($129) but this piece is stunning- the acrylic teeth are amazing (so happy I went with 1:3 evil ryu) the statue is solid and heavy!

My back kanji does have slight cracking but it's hardly a issue... I really have to go out of my way to notice them. To each their own but I think the kanji cracking is blown out of proportion considering the statue as a whole- maybe you paid after market prices idk
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:19 AM   #9706
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Yeah you can fix it, it's called have it completely repainted for $400-500
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:28 AM   #9707
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Yeah you can fix it, it's called have it completely repainted for $400-500
Repaint kanji or repaint statue for 400? 1/3 scale would not cost 400 from a reputable painter like John Allred or Kenny Alessandro. Would cost way more. Even less well known painter wouldn't charge 400 for 1/3. If so tell me who I need some kits painted.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:11 AM   #9708
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Ask again, they should offer you a full refund.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:16 AM   #9709
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Interesting that those who spend $300 on a Tweeterhead statue expect nearly perfect too. In fact when someone gets a $100-$150 DC statue they also expect near perfect.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:23 AM   #9710
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Ask again, they should offer you a full refund.
He's saying they did offer him a full refund.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote