Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 10-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #21
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

So here's a legitimate concern I have.

How can anyone be sure that this line will do nothing but the SF2 characters and end there?

I feel that with sculpts from companies, I'm seeing the same characters done over and over again. How many times can Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, or Akuma be done? There's so many Street Fighter characters that are just as good, yet they get no attention. This is so frustrating, especially for people who do not care for any of the Street Fighter 2 characters.

What about the Street Fighter 3, Alpha, and 4 characters? Characters like Urien, Juri, Elena, C. Viper, Karin, Hugo, Poison, Yun, Yang, Cody, Guy, and so on.

When I see a new line announced and it's just yet another Ryu, it's beyond infuriating.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #22
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Business wise it is more safe to start with at least Ryu and Chun-Li. Whether you like these or not, they are widely considered as iconic characters. I am sorry you feel infuriated by this as I expect more B list characters from them if they can move enough of the A listers.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #23
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifterr View Post
Business wise it is more safe to start with at least Ryu and Chun-Li. Whether you like these or not, they are widely considered as iconic characters. I am sorry you feel infuriated by this as I expect more B list characters from them if they can move enough of the A listers.
I really hope so.

Yes, I admit I am salty about this. I just don't want to see this ending up the same way other lines end up doing.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:59 AM   #24
built2shred
Phoenix

Being someone who doesn't have any Street Fighter statues, I'm very interested in the main characters...

How limited will this line be? Is going to be one of those things were we have 5 min. sell outs?

Glad your offering fully painted statues... IMO That's where the money is as very few people can assemble and paint a kit statue.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:47 AM   #25
strife87
Spider-Ham

That teaser got my attention, always liked that pose.

I can see your frustration on that guilty, ryu does have a ton of merchandise (with more on the way) but i agree completely with grifterr in its safer to start your line with a historically successful seller than a niche character so to speak, and hopefully make a few less popular people down the line.

Not to mention with sf 5 on the way, maybe a new group of fans want a sweet new Ryu to display.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #26
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Being someone who doesn't have any Street Fighter statues, I'm very interested in the main characters...

How limited will this line be? Is going to be one of those things were we have 5 min. sell outs?

Glad your offering fully painted statues... IMO That's where the money is as very few people can assemble and paint a kit statue.
In the same boat
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #27
SONICobra
Batman

in for vega and zangief
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #28
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

In for all, If They keep the quality in 1/6, but I would like to hear more information.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #29
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

this is the 1st statue that will be painted ?
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #30
StatueTank
Frackin!

looks exciting!

how do these licenses work then? does the company just buy the licence rights for a couple of years or something? can anyone explain it to me?
StatueTank is offline   Reply With Quote