Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-08-2024, 01:23 AM   #511
Buttmunch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

He totally is. And the love for the sculpture medium is very evident. This line is really a love letter to sculptures as an art medium being able to recreate reality in new, and fantastic ways. The more I hear him talk about everything that goes into these pieces, the more I am impressed by them. So many small details can go unnoticed like the joints in the door mechanism. It looks so right it’s somehow easy to overlook such a highly detailed item because it doesn’t look at all out of place or incorrect. The research that goes into these is crazy but pays off so much. The scuba gear feels right out of Thunderball and instantly brings in that 60’s spy genre feeling.
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:21 AM   #512
aadroban
Birdman

Really hope the production pieces turn out well. Good to know there are plans for potentially more vixens to come, but I still hope to get a full backstory video because there is almost too much going on that needs explanation. I liked when he said that she was in real trouble . . maybe these vixens are being presented in their final moments.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:10 PM   #513
Buttmunch

Mr. Sin is apparently a production sample in the preorder photos. So that should match what we get. He wasn’t sure about Deep Down was but it sounded like he’s seen one and it sounds like it looks just as good, if it’s not the production sample in the preorder photos.

I do hope the line continues with a similar theme of the Vixens in clear peril. Starlet is about to get caught snooping around and Dancer is in mid-fight. I don’t want one just lounging around in a sexy pose. The story elements are what make this line great.
Old 03-08-2024, 03:30 PM   #514
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Glad that Will did address the paint application. At least I now know that it was his idea to use lighting effect as a "third character" in terms of paint.

He then handed it over to the painter and she further developed the idea and came up with the palette for the actual paint application. He approved the proto.

I still think that it is not an appropriate approach and it has ruined the appearance of the overall statue which is a shame. The B&W 3D model looks superb.

I would much prefer the unpainted sculpt. Even the portrait looks better without the paint application, IMO. Too bad that nothing can be done about it.

Starlet and Dancer could be the best female statues Will has ever sculpted to this day, but the paint app really stops me from collecting them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dancer.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	168964   Click image for larger version

Name:	dancer headsculpt.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	168965  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:55 PM   #515
ukshaun
Hercules

I love seeing the grey-scale renders.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM   #516
Buttmunch

Stylized paint like that will always be polarizing. I think if the factory is capable of pulling off the effect, I’m fine with it. They all seemed really impressed with the outcome even in different lighting scenarios. I’m not too bothered by it personally. I know I don’t have any fancy lighting systems to display these so if the paint achieves that effect than I may actually prefer it in the end. Really curious how different these may look in person but I can get behind the vision Will and his wife went with on the paint. Again, the stream really helped sell me on that. Hearing more about the thought process really helped. Much like art in a museum, knowing the story behind the piece can make you better appreciate the final product.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:00 PM   #517
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
I?m not too bothered by it personally.
Me too.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 04:46 PM   #518
SONICobra
Batman

the paint effects on these never bothered me, they seem pretty subtle compared to jokers half charred face and the cheeto dusted ghost rider
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 04:57 PM   #519
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Glad that Will did address the paint application. At least I now know that it was his idea to use lighting effect as a "third character" in terms of paint.

He then handed it over to the painter and she further developed the idea and came up with the palette for the actual paint application. He approved the proto.

I still think that it is not an appropriate approach and it has ruined the appearance of the overall statue which is a shame. The B&W 3D model looks superb.

I would much prefer the unpainted sculpt. Even the portrait looks better without the paint application, IMO. Too bad that nothing can be done about it.

Starlet and Dancer could be the best female statues Will has ever sculpted to this day, but the paint app really stops me from collecting them.

Loved that Will showed the portrait in different angles last night. That is actually a beautiful portrait. Its just the angle on the statue that isn't allowing us to see it for what it is.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 05:05 PM   #520
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the paint effects on these never bothered me, they seem pretty subtle compared to jokers half charred face and the cheeto dusted ghost rider
Just wait until the factory gets ahold of them.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote