Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-29-2022, 12:02 AM   #1211
nearmint
Phoenix

That's fairly consistent with how most of them look.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:02 AM   #1212
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickyrice737 View Post
I was waitlisted for this statue for a few months and was finally able to make the purchase recently. I might have gotten the worst one in terms of the statue not being flushed to the base. I emailed them for a full refund and they said my statue from my uploaded photo was part of the design of the statue.. will you guys take a look and tell me what you think? There?s just no way I?d keep a statue with a design flaw like this since that part of the statue is literally the foundation of the piece.

Edit: forgot to mention there was also a piece of masking tape attached to the right arm of the flash for some odd reason. Beginning to think this was a return that they did not fully inspect and which is why I was able to score one off the waitlist.
I can't tell how far yours is sticking out due to the harsh lighting. It looks just as bad as the previous person who posted. But that could also be that shadows. If it looks like his, then it's worse than normal.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:09 AM   #1213
Stickyrice737
Doh!

Yea it’s similar to his if not worse. Thanks for the feedback all.
Stickyrice737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 01:05 PM   #1214
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickyrice737 View Post
I was waitlisted for this statue for a few months and was finally able to make the purchase recently. I might have gotten the worst one in terms of the statue not being flushed to the base. I emailed them for a full refund and they said my statue from my uploaded photo was part of the design of the statue.. will you guys take a look and tell me what you think? There?s just no way I?d keep a statue with a design flaw like this since that part of the statue is literally the foundation of the piece.

Edit: forgot to mention there was also a piece of masking tape attached to the right arm of the flash for some odd reason. Beginning to think this was a return that they did not fully inspect and which is why I was able to score one off the waitlist.

The factory tries to pull all the scotch tape before shipping the statue. However, sometimes they will miss a scotch tape or two.

As long as the scotch tape does not leave a defect. Or the tape is not still pointing to a defect. Then you should be good.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 01:11 PM   #1215
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The factory tries to pull all the scotch tape before shipping the statue. However, sometimes they will miss a scotch tape or two.

As long as the scotch tape does not leave a defect. Or the tape is not still pointing to a defect. Then you should be good.
Yep, that tape is from the factory, not the result of a return.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:46 PM   #1216
CaptainSmiley
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So I got my replacement in today and...

Looks to be sticking out more than the last one. It was definitely a return. As has been stated all that are left now are probably like this since its waitlisted. Tempted to just return for a refund, my eyes can't help but be drawn to it everytime I see the statue.
CaptainSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 01:05 AM   #1217
Hannibal10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmiley View Post

Looks to be sticking out more than the last one. It was definitely a return. As has been stated all that are left now are probably like this since its waitlisted. Tempted to just return for a refund, my eyes can't help but be drawn to it everytime I see the statue.
I wouldn't keep that. I sent you a PM.
Old 01-14-2023, 08:08 PM   #1218
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

Or if you truly want to have this Flash statue, then see if they'll allow you to fix it so that it inserts further in and at the same time see if they will give you credit for doing your own fix.

When you ask permission like that, if anything goes wrong and you're fix didn't work or made it worse, they will still give you a full refund. But if the fix worked, then you get a fixed Flash statue and some money back for your efforts.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #1219
Hannibal10

Quote:

Do you still have this? Or did you end up getting a new one?