Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #931
SkyWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
What happened with the John Stewart PF?
The construct was made with translucent resin for the prototype.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #932
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
For those who wanted the prototype's wicked lean, just give it some time. If warm weather doesn't do it, gravity surely will.

I find it very worrisome that we weren't shown the factory's support rods/design like they shared with Rogue.

Really? With all these constant fears and talk of leaning, where is the historical proof of this? I’ve never heard of any statue run having to be recalled due to excessive leaning issues? Does it happen? Sure. But every production run produces some lemons, in every industry, with any product.

But for some to still keep dragging-up this silly fear, and questioning the integrity of a multi million dollar company, with decades in the game, is sadly pathetic.

Either that, or SS, the biggest company of it’s kind, has a deathwish, and is doing everything in their power to conceive and construct the most unstable offerings on the market. And yet, they must be pretty bad at it, cause I’ve never heard of snapping wrists for spidey, venom, rogue, or tumbling Juggs, or guessing that gambit is doa? And this, after thousands of released statues. Go figure.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:10 PM   #933
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Really? With all these constant fears and talk of leaning, where is the historical proof of this? I’ve never heard of any statue run having to be recalled due to excessive leaning issues? Does it happen? Sure. But every production run produces some lemons, in every industry, with any product.

But for some to still keep dragging-up this silly fear, and questioning the integrity of a multi million dollar company, with decades in the game, is sadly pathetic.

Either that, or SS, the biggest company of it’s kind, has a deathwish, and is doing everything in their power to conceive and construct the most unstable offerings on the market. And yet, they must be pretty bad at it, cause I’ve never heard of snapping wrists for spidey, venom, rogue, or tumbling Juggs, or guessing that gambit is doa? And this, after thousands of released statues. Go figure.
I've seen the Superman PF lean for one.
Hannibal10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #934
adee
Green Arrow

Maybe the decision to change it wasn’t structural and was aesthetic.

When displayed from the front I think the production will look better than the prototype.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:00 PM   #935
nearmint
Phoenix

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:05 PM   #936
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

I know my faith is restored. Reductio ad absurdum.

When I am given a lemon, I make lemonade.

Some cheese wedges, and you will be right as rain.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #937
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Got mine too.

Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:21 PM   #938
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Maybe the decision to change it wasn’t structural and was aesthetic.

When displayed from the front I think the production will look better than the prototype.
I agree.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:22 PM   #939
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Instead of calling other people’s concerns silly and pathetic all you had to do was image search “sideshow lean” and look at the statues that pop up over and over. You’ve never heard of any statue run being recalled because usually by the time the leaning happens people are just stuck.

Also you used bad examples. Spidey was a big turning point when it came to engineering and a case where SS reps discussed it multiple times, but don’t take my word for it, you can look the thread up and check it out so you can read the proof.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:02 PM   #940
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Instead of calling other people’s concerns silly and pathetic all you had to do was image search “sideshow lean” and look at the statues that pop up over and over. You’ve never heard of any statue run being recalled because usually by the time the leaning happens people are just stuck.

Also you used bad examples. Spidey was a big turning point when it came to engineering and a case where SS reps discussed it multiple times, but don’t take my word for it, you can look the thread up and check it out so you can read the proof.
Yup. But hey you can get an awesome $50 credit for that ruined $600+ statue you bought.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote