Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-25-2018, 02:49 AM   #1751
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Spoiler
No I got it. My issue is that Dick walked into the house and then was in another life and never questioned it once. Not only that but he even says Bruce would never do that because of his code, then doesn't question what's happening at all. He also doesn't question Kory just showing up with knowledge of Batman. It was just ridiculous that a man trained by Batman questions nothing about the obvious fantasy. It was like "Perchance to dream", which by the way is a fantastic BTAS episode, but without any of the logic that makes that story great.
Spoiler
given the age of Dick's kid I'm guessing 8-10 years had past when the episode starts, so there's a lot we don't get to see and have no knowledge of at the beginning of the episode. It does explain that Alfred died, Batgirl went missing, Todd is crippled by Riddler and the final breaking point was Commissioner Gordon being killed, based on earlier episodes Dick was always worried Bruce was on edge as it was, so in his mind his worse fears came true
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:43 AM   #1752
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Spoiler
given the age of Dick's kid I'm guessing 8-10 years had past when the episode starts, so there's a lot we don't get to see and have no knowledge of at the beginning of the episode. It does explain that Alfred died, Batgirl went missing, Todd is crippled by Riddler and the final breaking point was Commissioner Gordon being killed, based on earlier episodes Dick was always worried Bruce was on edge as it was, so in his mind his worse fears came true
Spoiler
Whatever happens, as we're shown in the last minutes of the episode, comes to fruition from the time he walks into the living room, so in reality mere minutes. Now if something else happened in his head that leads to him marrying Dawn, having a kid and Rachel and Gar being in school so much so that he doesn't question what happened after he went into the house then that's just shotty writing. The whole thing felt extremely unfocused.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:15 AM   #1753
Python
Omega Red

Final Space 8/10

This Netflix original came up as a recommendation after my umpteenth viewing of Rick and Morty so I gave it a shot. I wasn't sure after the first episode, but I'm glad I stuck with it. If you like weird, you'll love this. It isn't directly comparable to R&M, but if you didn't enjoy that, you probably won't like this either.

I'm very much looking forward to season 2....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #1754
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nightflyers S1 - 5.5/10

Disappointing Sci-Fi series given it comes from George R.R. Martin. Great production value, interesting setting & characters. Where it falters is in the meandering narrative. A little too disjointed for my tastes and a rather unsatisfying conclusion to S1. Its a shame because the series has a lot going for it.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #1755
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Romanoffs

It's hard to believe how disappointing this series was considering it's by Matthew Weiner, the creator of my favorite TV show, Mad Men. Some of the early episodes were terribly written bordering on insultingly bad. It looked good for the most part, being shot on location in multiple countries, but I would not recommend it to anyone when there are so many better TV shows on the air right now. 5/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #1756
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Sabrina (Netflix) 7/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:35 AM   #1757
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yellowstone S1 - 10/10

I DVR’d this series over the Summer but just now got around to watching it. Not knowing much about it outside the modern day Western setting and that it stared Kevin Costner, it didn’t rank high on my must watch list. To my surprise Yellowstone was one of the most enjoyable television experiences in recent memory. Not since Game of Thrones has something pulled me in the way this series did. Packed with beautiful cinematography, wonderful performances and a narrative that’s incredibly engaging, once I started watching I could not stop. By the time I finished the season I was already wanting more. Loved this series!

Old 12-31-2018, 01:41 AM   #1758
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yellowstone S1 - 10/10

I DVR’d this series over the Summer but just now got around to watching it. Not knowing much about it outside the modern day Western setting and that it stared Kevin Costner, it didn’t rank high on my must watch list. To my surprise Yellowstone was one of the most enjoyable television experiences in recent memory. Not since Game of Thrones has something pulled me in the way this series did. Packed with beautiful cinematography, wonderful performances and a narrative that’s incredibly engaging, once I started watching I could not stop. By the time I finished the season I was already wanting more. Loved this series!

I agree it's a great series, the 1st episode was a little slow as it setup the characters but every episode afterwards just kept getting better and better.... Defiantly one of my favorite shows out there..

I'm glad it got renewed for a second season...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:48 AM   #1759
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I agree it's a great series, the 1st episode was a little slow as it setup the characters but every episode afterwards just kept getting better and better.... Defiantly one of my favorite shows out there..

I'm glad it got renewed for a second season...
Yeah, the first episode was a lot to take in and I was admittedly a bit lost given it drops you right into the thick of things. Like you said though it progressively gets better and better. Very much looking forward to S2.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:59 AM   #1760
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Mar de plastico S1+2 (Netflix) - 7,5/10 a spanish whodunnit, very entertaining
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote